• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Baseball hosts Arkansas Pine-Bluff

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/031918aaa.html

GoFrogs: Baseball hosts Arkansas Pine-Bluff

TCU (10-7) vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff (6-9)
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. CT | Fort Worth, Texas | Lupton Stadium

Watch Live KTCU 88.7 FM Live Stats Game Notes Twitter

FORT WORTH - TCU's eight-game homestand continues Tuesday night when the Horned Frogs host Arkansas-Pine Bluff. First pitch at Lupton Stadium is set for 6:30.

STARTING PITCHERS
LHP Russell Smith vs. TBA

TCU NOTABLES
• TCU dropped its first series of the season, falling in two of the three games against Minnesota.
• It was the first non-conference series loss at home since the 2014 season.
• TCU saw its sixth game impacted by weather already this season when its Game 2 on Saturday was suspended in the third inning.
• TCU played in its second extra inning game of the season, prevailing by a 5-4 score in 13 innings.
• Entering Tuesday’s contest, TCU is 2-1 in midweek games this season.
• TCU ranks second in the Big 12 in ERA (3.17), sixth in batting average (.256) and fourth in fielding (.969).
• TCU ranks second in the Big 12 with just 3.11 walks allowed per nine innings.
Augie Mihlbauer continues to impress out of the bullpen with nine shutout innings to begin his career.
Johnny Rizer made his return from injury after missing 12 games.
Luken Baker enters the week carrying a seven game on-base streak.

ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF NOTABLES
• Arkansas-Pine Bluff is coming off a 2-1 series loss at home against Valparaiso.
• The Golden Lions are 3-7 in their last 10 games played, all of which have come at home.
• UAPB has played just two road games (0-2) and five total games away from home this season (2-3).
• Offensively, the Golden Lions are hitting just .236 as a team led by Ryan Mallison’s .391 average.
• Serg Esparza leads UAPB with four home runs and 18 RBIs.
• As a team, UAPB has stolen 23 bases in 31 attempts led by six from Ryan Mallison.
• On the mound, the staff owns a 7.08 ERA and opponents are hitting .298 against them.
• Austin Softley (9 appearances) and Antoine Luster (8) are the go-to pitchers out of the bullpen.
• The staff has issued more walks (96) than it has tallied strikeouts (86).
• Defensively, the Golden Lions have surrendered 31 stolen bases in 40 attempts.
• The team has committed 20 errors for a .965 fielding percentage.

SERIES NOTABLES
• Tuesday’s meeting against Arkansas-Pine Bluff will be the third in the all-time series.
• The series is tied at 1-1.
• Both meetings have come at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff 17-3 on Feb. 24, 2016.
• The Golden Lions picked up its only win in the series on March 5, 2013, taking a 6-4 victory.

HOME NOTABLES
• TCU will play 31 games at home this season.
• TCU went 28-4 at home last season.
• Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 343-109 in games played at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU is 118-26 at home over the last three-plus seasons.
• TCU sold a school-record 2,764 season tickets.
• TCU ranked 10th nationally in average attendance this year with an average of 4,785.

Pharm Frog

The one time I drove in to see the Frogs play Pine Bluff we lost. At the time it felt like the lowest point in recent Frog baseball history. Now because the moving truck has been delayed I have the chance to come in for this game and yet not sure I want to risk being the jinx

PurpleBlood87

The one time I drove in to see the Frogs play Pine Bluff we lost. At the time it felt like the lowest point in recent Frog baseball history. Now because the moving truck has been delayed I have the chance to come in for this game and yet not sure I want to risk being the jinx

If the Frogs lose, it won't be your fault.

TooColdU

Unless you’ve been to all of the games recently, then I doubt there’s a risk of being a jinx.

flyfishingfrog

8.53 ERA

I guess he is the best we have as a weekday starter or they want to give him another chance?
thinking another chance - he has shown some pretty solid stuff at times - but seems to get really shaken by errors by the defense or when he makes a big mistake and runs starting crossing the plate.

My gut tells me Saarloos and Schloss think they can get him over the hurdle like they did with Lodolo early in his career because when Russ is on it is pretty impressive

flyfishingfrog

Landestoy is half our offense tonight

Big Russ looked better - so that is good

Ump likes any pitch on the right side of the plate especially at the knees and hates the left side everywhere

But our offense is still pretty anemic - we are getting our hit even leading 6-1

And these guys actually have the bigger 1st basemen tonight - they have about 3 guys Thor’s size