GoFrogs: Baseball hosts Arkansas Pine-Bluff

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
WE WON!!
67680f87b888343eb2853bae4496f25d--s-kids-ren.jpg

(Better late than never!)

PurpleBlood87

TCU Prospect Update:
Burleson Centennial junior Jacob Meador, a verbal commit, struck out a school-record 19 in seven innings in a 9-0 win over Arlington Seguin. He allowed two hits and walked two.

flyfishingfrog

TCU Prospect Update:
Burleson Centennial junior Jacob Meador, a verbal commit, struck out a school-record 19 in seven innings in a 9-0 win over Arlington Seguin. He allowed two hits and walked two.
Impressive - any chance he ever puts on a TCU uniform? Seems like he would be an amazing part of the team just not sure what his draft projections are currently. It will be interesting to see how or if Schloss changes the approach to recruiting after last year vs previous years

PurpleBlood87

Impressive - any chance he ever puts on a TCU uniform? Seems like he would be an amazing part of the team just not sure what his draft projections are currently. It will be interesting to see how or if Schloss changes the approach to recruiting after last year vs previous years

What would you suggest CJS change? Start recruiting lesser players? He's missed on some and hit on others. That's the way baseball recruiting goes.

Last edited:

Bob

TCU Prospect Update:
Burleson has more than 1 high school?

Back in the day at Everman, we liked to shout out "Beat the Elks". Which Burleson school is now the Elks? My girlfriend's brother was the Elks QB and I liked to beat the crap out of him whenever I could catch him, but we could never beat the Elks. Totally frustrating. Like losing to Baylor.

flyfishingfrog

• I understand how college baseball recruiting works.

What I'm asking is, what do you want TCU change in its recruiting strategy?
    Well if you acknowledge the concept of trying to recruit the best player you feel you can actually get on campus balancing the positions of greatest need and the available scholarships with some players of different talents willingness to pay some or more of their own way - my question was will they do anything different in how they want to allocate across the areas of need - for example pitchers vs defenders ratio, focus more on hitting ability, spend more effort and money on juco

There are lots of things they could vary vs the approach they took this year specifically over years past

PurpleBlood87

Burleson has more than 1 high school?

Back in the day at Everman, we liked to shout out "Beat the Elks". Which Burleson school is now the Elks? My girlfriend's brother was the Elks QB and I liked to beat the crap out of him whenever I could catch him, but we could never beat the Elks. Totally frustrating. Like losing to Baylor.

Burleson is the Elks. Centennial is the Spartans.

TCUWIN

TCU Prospect Update:
Just to add, Madisonville senior Matt Rudis, a commit, struck out 14 in 6-plus innings of no-hit baseball against Athens. He allowed no runs and I believe no walks. Only two runners were on because of errors.