• The KillerFrogs

Garrett Riley to Clemson

This would explain alot.

For whatever reason, we were clearly not prepared to play even an average game. But if he's as good as he's supposed to be, he could have handed that off to his agent and taken care of business. I seem to recall a team that got into the playoff over TCU whose OC had been already announced as the hire at UH who managed to still put together a good plan. At the end of the day though, I tend to prefer our seasons where other people want our assistant coaches rather than those where no one else is interested so I'm sure we will hire someone else and keep going down the road.

FrogBall09

For whatever reason, we were clearly not prepared to play even an average game. But if he's as good as he's supposed to be, he could have handed that off to his agent and taken care of business. I seem to recall a team that got into the playoff over TCU whose OC had been already announced as the hire at UH who managed to still put together a good plan. At the end of the day though, I tend to prefer our seasons where other people want our assistant coaches rather than those where no one else is interested so I'm sure we will hire someone else and keep going down the road.
Well we got our butt kicked in the worst loss in bowl history - so while others may be able to multi-task, Riley obviously doesn’t do it well…he should have told them to wait

tcudoc

Dumbest post in this thread - plenty of people left after 1 year for remote work and better pay bc of inflation in the past few years for normal jobs
I don’t know anyone doing remote work anymore. Most consumers typically just purchase a new universal remote these days if their original stops working. It just makes more sense financially. So I’m gonna just assume that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Well it might have a limited shelf life regardless. He wants a HC opportunity obviously and this is a very “safe” move as Clemson is at the top of the ACC each year. One or two years there and he’s jumping to a HC job in the SEC or Big10. Book it.
Of that I have no doubt. I was just puzzled by the posts but I guess a lot of what we do here is point out the obvious

DeuceBoogieNights

Again, no on Kliff. The guy who couldn't do anything with Mahomes and doesn't like recruiting.

“That’s a huge plus for me,” Kingsbury told ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss. “I enjoyed all aspects of being a head coach in college, but the recruiting, that’s the lifeblood of any program. That should be your focus. That may not have been my focus at times as much as it should’ve been because I wanted to coach the quarterbacks and be in the X’s and O’s and study other offenses.

Hemingway

I’ll never believe that. I imagine if you come back to this post in March you won’t either
Come back to the post? The biggest lack of imagination and half assed effort came after he and his agent had a verbal agreement with Clemson? The results are overwhelming.

If you’ve ever employed anyone in a competitive industry, you get wind of this , you walk them out of the building immediately with a box of the their personal stuff.

ticketfrog123

I don’t know anyone doing remote work anymore. Most consumers typically just purchase a new universal remote these days if their original stops working. It just makes more sense financially. So I’m gonna just assume that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
I was lectured on how stupid and what a waste of money universal remotes were last week so this post is timely