• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Western Virginia

We played like crap on offense and defense, but found a way to win. Did we believe the hype or was this just one of our crappy games like when we play Kansas? To advance and win the big 12 we need way better QB play and better offensive play calling!! Defense has work to do and we need players back.

Mean Purple

We played like crap on offense and defense, but found a way to win. Did we believe the hype or was this just one of our crappy games like when we play Kansas? To advance and win the big 12 we need way better QB play and better offensive play calling!! Defense has work to do and we need players back.
Why did you think this would be an easier game?

puckster59

I don't buy the "he willed us to a Win.
I see great quarterbacks playing great. And they have people around them playing great. The ability to diminish not so great decisions tells me all I need to know about your football is. Hill can do better. Way better. That's my expectation. What is yours?

To win. I'm pretty sure CGP isn't picking apart Hill's passing stats, either, btw, and saying they aren't good enough for us to be a factor this year. I'm sure he's saying something to the effect that Hill's game today is reflective of what senior leaders have to do sometimes to win championships.

I'm going to have a drink and toast to a hard-fought win. And to a played-his-guts-out game by the quarterback.

But be my guest and stay here wallowing in your negativity that the Frogs will never win a championship because their QB's passing numbers aren't good enough. o_O

ifrog

This team took Virginia Tech to the wire opening night. We didn’t play SMU folks. It’s not always going to be easy no matter who is favored . Last year at this time we sucked. We are in drivers seat in the B12. The nation got to see our fans passion this morning and our facilities. Why cant some of you just be happy?

Realtorfrog

We won! I don't know where to begin. I think the refs had our DB's playing skittish from another flag. Not sure what our objective was on offense today........didn't establish anything. Had a few drops and some bad passes. Just a meh game but we won!!!! I think we might have heard how good we were and once ou got beat they thought they were in for an easy game. I do have to give WV credit, they definitely earned respect today!!

On to KSU

AroundWorldFrog

This team took Virginia Tech to the wire opening night. We didn’t play SMU folks. It’s not always going to be easy no matter who is favored . Last year at this time we sucked. We are in drivers seat in the B12. The nation got to see our fans passion this morning and our facilities. Why cant some of you just be happy?
Sadly, no. After it was apparent that we were going to win, all the haters disappeared.

Or did I put them on ignore?

Tom Brown

Our defense, again, held a top 5 scoring offense double digits below scoring average. Have some perspective.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
To win. I'm pretty sure CGP isn't picking apart Hill's passing stats, either, btw, and saying they aren't good enough for us to be a factor this year. I'm sure he's saying something to the effect that Hill's game today is reflective of what senior leaders have to do sometimes to win championships.

I'm going to have a drink and toast to a hard-fought win. And to a played-his-guts-out game by the quarterback.

But be my guest and stay here wallowing in your negativity that the Frogs will never win a championship because their QB's passing numbers aren't good enough. o_O
I'm not wallowing. I expect the best from our players. Yes. We won. But, we should have done much better. Guess I expect people to be the best they can be.

TK2000

If Sewo is good enough to get 2 yards on the goal line, he is good enough to be used for 3rd and 2 from the 49 yards line.

We need to hand him the ball more on short yardage downs

Why did you think this would be an easier game?

I never thought it would be easy, but I expected us to stick with straight ahead running game not become a titty finesse team against a team whooping are ass! Open your eyes we looked lifeless no swag no fire no swarming on defense. Flat lucky to win WVU outplayed us except on scoreboard!

Latest posts