• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Western Virginia

My only advice for TCU from here on out is to run Darius Anderson as #1 RB and not Hicks. TCU is way way more productive with Anderson. Hicks is great, but Anderson TCU just plays better. He hits the hole with aggression. Against WVU they put Hicks in most of the game and I thought that was a huge mistake and our run game suffered a little bit. Especially with defenses like WVU had, we needed a more aggressive running back than a finesse running back.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
A blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while! Every defense we play is going to load the box and make hill throw deep for TCU to win. We will see if he can hit deep ball more than once every five games. Why not put SR in game mix it up already. Glad Hill made big runs and got us the w. Not sure this means he is best deep passer in Big 12! Open your eyes throws off back foot were garbage!

Can't wait for SR's first incompletion next year. Poor guy. He's going to be public enemy number one as soon as he steps foot on the field.

Shorty

My only advice for TCU from here on out is to run Darius Anderson as #1 RB and not Hicks. TCU is way way more productive with Anderson. Hicks is great, but Anderson TCU just plays better. He hits the hole with aggression. Against WVU they put Hicks in most of the game and I thought that was a huge mistake and our run game suffered a little bit. Especially with defenses like WVU had, we needed a more aggressive running back than a finesse running back.
Hicks had 11 carries for 71 yards
Anderson had 9 carries for 43 yards

Hicks had 11 carries for 71 yards
Anderson had 9 carries for 43 yards

Yep, Anderson should had more opportunities in my opinion. He was making a few positive drives then they took him out and and put Hicks in and momentum was stuck. However, Cumbie knows what he is doing and TCU won. He knows better than I. But my opinion give the ball to Anderson and let him finish all the way to a touchdown, especially when he is in a rhythm of positive run yards.

Also I noticed defensively Nick Orr besides his interception was being eaten alive by WVU WRs.

tetonfrog

I cannot figure out why our fan base is so down on Hicks. I know Anderson had several good games, but hicks has been very good here for years. Does anyone not believe hicks would have struggled against arky & OSU when the OL was blowing open huge holes?

4 Oaks Frog

KH had WVU's #11 in his face all day long. You would think an adjustment could have been made, but for the most part it wasn't. IMHO I think KH did a better than OK job throwing the ball down field considering the pressure he had all day long. The pass to Reagor for the TD was beautiful and he hit a Dearse downfield a few times. BTW, Dearse is a beast and a playmaker!! We need to get the ball in his hands more often. How about a jet sweep with #9? Turpen, Reagor, Hicks, Anderson, Austin...and, yes, Kenny Hill are all big playmakers. Let's get creative on keeping the ball in the playmakers hands all day long. That is when things are clicking. Best example is the perfect pass from Turpin to Hill for the TD...a reversal of rolls playmaker to playmaker. VERY COOL!!!
Now get ready for the next tough test, KSU.
GO FROGS!!
BEAT KSU!!
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I cannot figure out why our fan base is so down on Hicks. I know Anderson had several good games, but hicks has been very good here for years. Does anyone not believe hicks would have struggled against arky & OSU when the OL was blowing open huge holes?
A few posters here != the TCU fanbase

Hicks is the better all around back, and given it was his first game back from injury did a darn good job with the opportunities given.

FrogPreacher

I had a wedding to perform yesterday. Needed to go to the reception for a while after. So I recorded the game. Stayed away from all social media and the internet. I'm watching the game and all of a sudden in the 3rd quarter a movie is suddenly on instead of the game! I am thinking what the heck!!! One of the newer Star Trek movies. So fast forwarded and then the game was back. Weird weird weird!

FrogPreacher

Saw Taj Williams on the participation report, so must have been playing special teams. No Emanuel Porter.
Jarrison Stewart still injured? Ty Slanina as well?

FrogPreacher

On a couple of plays on offense there was a #98 on the field. Big guy. But there was no name on the back of his jersey and there isn't a #98 on the roster? Any idea who it was?