• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: The Iron Skillet, Episode 100

Eight

Probably not, but with NIL, who knows? Might be able to make more at Bama than as a rookie.

talking with a friend who coaches in the gpns system and zach is a very smart young man who sees the big picture and understands the short shelf life of nfl running backs.

the nil at a school that is going to grind you up and spit you out when they are done with you won't equal a second nfl contract of a starting running back

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Postgame quotes:

TCU – SMU POSTGAME NOTES
TCU 34, SMU 42
Sept. 25, 2021

TCU Head Coach Gary Patterson
On SMU's performance
As far as SMU is concerned, they did a great job as far as the game is concerned. I thought SMU wanted it more. I told them, when somebody hates you, you have to change your frame of mind and they hate us, it's simple. This has been a war no matter what the records have been, since the beginning of us playing SMU. It doesn't matter what the records are, it's going to be one of the toughest games. You have to come ready to play.

On the defense:
We didn't cover anybody and we didn't tackle. I've been telling them for a while, and you've watched it in all three ball games. [The interceptions] kept us in the ball game – it could have been a lot worse. The fourth down stop on the goal line as well, it could have been a lot worse.

It's been a long time since we've given up almost 600 yards. Like I told them, there's only one person who takes the blame on that right now and I'm the one that's supposed to fix it.

On being pleased with the offense
Yes, we scored 34 points. We can't let them have 42 points, but one of the things is, when you get into a shootout, you can't kick field goals. We have to do a better job of that down in the red zone.

TCU Quarterback Max Duggan
On the team's effort:
"Offensively we've gotta play better, we've gotta score more points—we can't shoot ourselves in the foot. We can't turn the ball over."

On not connecting with Quinton:
"I missed him. That's about all it was. I gotta do a better job. I've been working on it, and I gotta keep working on it."

On fixing things going forward:
"Obviously it's a crappy loss and we're not happy about it, but we gotta go in and move on. We've got conference play coming up–we've got Texas next week. So we've gotta move on and work on the things we need to work on and execute–and hopefully get on a roll going into conference play."

TCU Linebacker Dee Winters
On TJ Carter moving to Cornerback:
"It threw me off a little bit. But at the end of the day, we have to be able to communicate and help each other out—and be on the same page."

On what he said to his team after the game:
"Just to keep their heads up. It's just one loss, and it sucks that it was our rivals, but we just have to bounce back and come harder next week. Let this be our reason to come out and play hard next game."

On starting conference next week:
"We gotta keep our heads up. Stay strong. We've got conference next week, and we really gotta step it up and show these guys that what we've been working on is gonna work."

- - -https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/9/25/football-tcu-smu-postgame-quotes.aspx