• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: The Iron Skillet, Episode 100

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Post game from Coach P, doesn’t seem to be as upset about the game as he was about Coach Kill getting hit by and SMU player during the 50 yard scuffle and the lack of class by SMU.

Virginia Frog

Post game from Coach P, doesn’t seem to be as upset about the game as he was about Coach Kill getting hit by and SMU player during the 50 yard scuffle and the lack of class by SMU.
GP is a loyal guy and no doubt he is disgusted by the SMU behavior.

BUT...

This game was atrocious. It is the clearest example to date that his DEFENSE, his forte, is the WORST part of recent TCU squads. I don't know if getting him a mirror will make any difference.

TCU in the SMU matchup is now a bit akin to the Longhorns in the TCU matchup, and it doesn’t feel good. We will hope that characterization somehow continues next week, as insurmountable as that mountain appears in the immediacy. If we had to pick, we would take a conference win over the Horns instead of the non-conference over the Mustangs. This was really only Game 2 for the home team.

We don’t know why the Frogs did not appear mentally engaged for SMU but Gary had warned us that they may not be focused. TCU IS SMU’s biggest rival—SMU’s play reflected that, and the Frogs....

Last edited:

FrogCoach84

We don’t know why the Frogs did not appear mentally engaged for SMU but Gary had warned us that they may not be focused. Frogs ARE SMU’s biggest rival—they played like it, and Frogs....
That’s a Gary problem…and also it was BS of him to say that. He’s always got a built in excuse.

He’s too insecure to hire anything but yes men and he’s such a egomaniac that when it comes to taking responsibility for failure instead of stepping up and doing what a HC should do…he does things like send his OC to the post game presser.

smufrogger

no doubt, they need to stop running the option because he looks like he has no idea what he is doing when he gets to the edge. he won't make the defender commit to him and he won't pitch when the back is in position for a big play

second half he looked like he was starting to panic and rush things. all the positives of the first half got washed away and a good part of that to me is putting the load of the offense on him instead of the run game
His lack of executing thr option is mind boggling. He just doesn’t get better

Eight

His lack of executing thr option is mind boggling. He just doesn’t get better

the play where they ran it towards the tcu sideline and he fumbled was so bad because the pitch is there to evans for a big play if he simply will make the defender come to him.

heck, pitch it to zach and force that guy to tackle evans in the open field, but don't hold the ball for the pursuit to catch you from the backside

reminds me of the stories about when dkr tried to get bill bradley to be the horns qb in the early wishbone

Chongo94

I feel like the option handoff stuff isn’t necessarily a Max issue. I’ve always thought all of our qbs the last 6 years don’t know when to keep it or give it up on those plays and our execution just looks so disjointed, which seems to point to yet another coaching issue, sigh.