• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Texas

Hate to break this news - it ls where we have been since 2016 season (with the exception of a bizarre 2017 season). We are a middle of the road to lower middle of the road program and have been 4 out of the last five seasons…working on 5 out of the last 6. This is not a new development.
I really thought this team had potential to break the cycle and be a top 25 squad but that clearly is not the case. Still, this team has enough talent to figure some things out and get on a bit of a roll.

WIN

Even with the loss last week and today. I can see progress. Young team with injuries especially on the defensive side. I can see a learning curve on the upside. Much better effort today. Still need too improve on the tackling. It will get better with more play, victories and confidence which I see happening a lot the rest of the season. I'm more optimistic than most on this board.

Wonder why we are not performing the first game and every game after that? We may get better but waiting 5-6-7 games is unacceptable.

Mean Purple

i
Texas Rushing
CARYDSAVGTDLONG
Bijan Robinson352166.2227
Casey Thompson8354.4041
Roschon Johnson7223.106
Team3-1-0.300
TEAM532725.1241
i
TCU Rushing
CARYDSAVGTDLONG
Zach Evans151137.5133
Max Duggan16332.1010
Kendre Miller5183.617
Emari Demercado4143.507
Derius Davis1-9-9.000
TEAM411694.1233

SMU Pride

They were so confident...they wrote it in pencil?
Haha. Nope. It's just that SMU has been getting consistently better for years while TCU has been in a long, slow decline. I'll say this, we weren't sweating that game last week. And while I'm at it.... you guys stay away from Sonny Dykes!!

Putt4Purple

Then change the scheme. Any good coach would if it were too hard to replicate. It’s a joke. What’s the point of having greatest defensive scheme known to man if no team can pull it off. And let’s be honest, his scheme ain’t that great anymore. We just gave up 300 yards rushing to SMU and 216 yards to ONE GUY.
A valid point. Once every few years when you have the maturity and experienced players to make it work it is a very formidable defense. Thus the quandary of overhauling with a simplified defense and be average or continuing with what Gary knows and is comfortable with.

Mean Purple

Patterson on Evans: “reason why we took Evans out was because he was tired.”

Conditioning issue.

The

If anyone believes this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.

yeah, I have a hard time buying it too. I can see him feeling gassed for a couple of plays, but him not being in at key times in the first half, 3rd quarter and 4th quarter??? sorry, aint buying that he was tired.
Sounds like more Gary bs or very bad evaluation by staff.
If he was too tired to go, he's gonna have to get better work outs in the off season.

Our S&C program fails us again.

netty2424

Hate to break this news - it ls where we have been since 2016 season (with the exception of a bizarre 2017 season). We are a middle of the road to lower middle of the road program and have been 4 out of the last five seasons…working on 5 out of the last 6. This is not a new development.
Hence why I said “again.”

LVH

Haha. Nope. It's just that SMU has been getting consistently better for years while TCU has been in a long, slow decline. I'll say this, we weren't sweating that game last week. And while I'm at it.... you guys stay away from Sonny Dykes!!

Your only program accomplishments the last 10 years has been beating 2 of our crappiest teams. No conference titles, no top 25 finishes, no bowl wins... just 2 wins over a 5-7 squad and a team this year that will struggle to win 6.

Hell do you even have a win over a team that finished the season in the top 25 over the last decade?

Congrats!