• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Texas

Mean Purple

Of course we are…it won’t be NIL’s why he leaves. It’s lack of production. Reagor left early for NFL for exact same reason . We weren’t using him, he was already a first round pick so why stay.
We should always have the best players on the field. This oversubbing [ Finebaum ] is nonsense. No way we get tempo. Hell, we snap the ball so slow we cost ourselves probably 2 minutes at the end.

Putt4Purple

Even with the loss last week and today. I can see progress. Young team with injuries especially on the defensive side. I can see a learning curve on the upside. Much better effort today. Still need too improve on the tackling. It will get better with more play, victories and confidence which I see happening a lot the rest of the season. I'm more optimistic than most on this board.

Mean Purple

Even with the loss last week and today. I can see progress. Young team with injuries especially on the defensive side. I can see a learning curve on the upside. Much better effort today. Still need too improve on the tackling. It will get better with more play, victories and confidence wich I see happening a lot the rest of the season. I'm more optimistic than most on this board.
again, can someone tell me how we are so young for 6 years straight? Is it just injuries and guys leaving?

Fiscuits

Even with the loss last week and today. I can see progress. Young team with injuries especially on the defensive side. I can see a learning curve on the upside. Much better effort today. Still need too improve on the tackling. It will get better with more play, victories and confidence wich I see happening a lot the rest of the season. I'm more optimistic than most on this board.
I want what your smoking. You could find, copy and paste this post, 1000 times over the last 6 seasons. It’s become comical. Gary’s (and his staff) time is done. That is the problem.

netty2424

This team is fighting for one of the bottom spots in the league again. 7th-10th, somewhere in there. We’ll be slugging it out with Tech, KU, possibly KSU.

Fiscuits

Right. We’re young at backup and when 50% of the starters get hurt each season.
? Only way this would make sense is if we were a one year wonder. We’re not. Your starters on most teams are juniors and seniors…freshman and sophomore wait their time or are backups until their turn. The roster revolves so the backups over time (4 years) know the system as good as the seniors.

For whatever reason….he claims that isn’t our case…? Only a Gary can explain it

Putt4Purple

again, can someone tell me how we are so young for 6 years straight? Is it just injuries and guys leaving?

I want what your smoking. You could find, copy and paste this post, 1000 times over the last 6 seasons. It’s become comical. Gary’s (and his staff) time is done. That is the problem.

I'm speaking primarily from the defense side of the ball were Gary's defensive scheme seems more complicated than most. It takes cohesiveness and experience. A lot of turnover does not help. Graduation, injuries, transfers etc...
The offense has had some of the same issues but there have been changes and they will improve as well.
Not smoking anything but Iam having a strong Jack and coke.

Fiscuits

This team is fighting for one of the bottom spots in the league again. 7th-10th, somewhere in there. We’ll be slugging it out with Tech, KU, possibly KSU.
Hate to break this news - it ls where we have been since 2016 season (with the exception of a bizarre 2017 season). We are a middle of the road to lower middle of the road program and have been 4 out of the last five seasons…working on 5 out of the last 6. This is not a new development.

Pharm Frog

Hate to break this news - it ls where we have been since 2016 season (with the exception of a bizarre 2017 season). We are a middle of the road to lower middle of the road program and have been 4 out of the last five seasons…working on 5 out of the last 6. This is not a new development.

this is true AND the signs predated even this. We just had some college phenoms that covered up a lot of ills.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Patterson on Evans: “reason why we took Evans out was because he was tired.”

Conditioning issue.
Ouch.

Further, if he wants an NFL career, he'd better realize that the pros don't want Franchise Players that tap out every other series. Robinson toted the rock and did what was necessary to win the game, with 30 some odd carries. That's what they want to see: durability and getting stronger as the game goes on longer.

Fiscuits

I'm speaking primarily from the defense side of the ball were Gary's defensive scheme seems more complicated than most. It takes cohesiveness and experience. A lot of turnover does not help. Graduation, injuries, transfers etc...
The offense has had some of the same issues but there have been changes and they will improve as well.
Not smoking anything but Iam having a strong Jack and coke.
Then change the scheme. Any good coach would if it were too hard to replicate. It’s a joke. What’s the point of having greatest defensive scheme known to man if no team can pull it off. And let’s be honest, his scheme ain’t that great anymore. We just gave up 300 yards rushing to SMU and 216 yards to ONE GUY.