• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU on the Dark Side of the Moon, World Series Hangover Edition (Nov 2, 2023; 6PM)

Frog-in-law1995

I am usually one to argue against coaching turnover, but I do think Sonny will make some changes. I will be shocked if Gillespie isn’t gone. He will probably keep Briles since first year and a complete overhaul seems “desperate”.
If Lubbock had a decent airport, Gillespie ought to get tarmac’ed tonight. Briles knows what he’s doing, but needs a decent O line. Ought to give him one more year. We HAVE to hit the portal for linemen this winter. And a senior/grad QB to give HH a year to watch and learn if he’s not ready from the start.

BleedNPurple

Truth is this thread reads like the A$M thread and Bevo thread for the past 5 years. My what one over achieving season does to one’s expectations. I’m pissed too but trying to be realistic. What we have here is a shot show and if I was younger I would take a flame thrower to the place (name the movie)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sonny resorting to what appears to be prayers on the sideline
There's a possum available for sacrifice over on the Tech sideline.*

*Enter into pagan religious ceremonies at your own risk. Knife and Altar not included. Caution! Possums are known to bite.

Frog-in-law1995

Truth is this thread reads like the A$M thread and Bevo thread for the past 5 years. My what one over achieving season does to one’s expectations. I’m pissed too but trying to be realistic. What we have here is a shot show and if I was younger I would take a flame thrower to the place (name the movie)
That blind Pacino movie.

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
I am usually one to argue against coaching turnover, but I do think Sonny will make some changes. I will be shocked if Gillespie isn’t gone. He will probably keep Briles since first year and a complete overhaul seems “desperate”.
If so he should be fired next year.

No excuse to go 4-8 or 5-7. Sonny has looked like an idiot most of the year. Either he fires Briles and wants to fix it and he wants an exit package

tetonfrog

If Lubbock had a decent airport, Gillespie ought to get tarmac’ed tonight. Briles knows what he’s doing, but needs a decent O line. Ought to give him one more year. We HAVE to hit the portal for linemen this winter. And a senior/grad QB to give HH a year to watch and learn if he’s not ready from the start.
What school is not going to do this? Why would an elite transfer OL come to this [ Finebaum ]show? Legit ?

The TCU Football Jerk

We seemed very well organized and put together staff last year. This year is a complete scat show. What the heil happened?? Its a head scratcher. Forget the player loss. I'm talking about flat out disorganization. did the coaching staff all get covid in the off season and are having a slow recovery? Ridiculous doesn't cover it.

Sonny Side Up

I’m pretty sure we are staring down the barrel of 4-8. Just an unimaginable position to be in after 2022.

There is NO excuse for this.
Lightning in a bottle =Max>anything we can offer in on-field leadership. No knock on who’s on the field, but the magnificence of Max (and a lot of other natural leaders) can, but isn’t, be replicated.

The inability of the coaching staff to adapt to the situation is troubling. Coach is a noun and a verb. The noun is the paycheck. The verb is the job. They need to understand the distinction. I do, and I’m a broken down, beer drinking 70s Frog who will never allow failure to be allowed without people being held to account. The kids deserve better than this phone in mentality.

End of sermon. pass the NIL plate.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Hoover is being put into terrible situations because we have an utterly incompetent fool running the offense. He has strengths and weaknesses, and his strengths are not being showcased in our game plan. It doesn't help that the offensive line can't block, or that we evidently forgot that we have a pretty danged good running back.

We had 10 day to prepare, and we got this?

Throw Gillespie and Briles out of the Team Plane over Abilene.