• The KillerFrogs

GameDay Thread: TCU at West Virginia

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I guess so. I don’t remember Hill being all that much better at actually throwing the ball, but he was a lot more confident and made better reads. I’ll give Cumbie some credit for that but it doesn’t change the other 8 QBs who never developed.
In 2017, he had some blocking. Makes any QB look better...

CountryFrog

Slight holding but not enough to call. Tomlinson was in great position.
He grabbed the receiver 5 yards down the field on a 3rd and 17 play. Slight or not it was an absolutely terrible play. Should've never even been in that spot.

I understand he was in great position once the ball arrived but way before that he got himself out of position and that's where the grab happened.

flyfishingfrog

Yeah I and others have talked about this for years ... no QB that Cumbie has coached has improved at all in a meaningful sense. Sure Boykin blossomed but that was a lot more with system and Doctson than it was about actually playing QB... his mechanics and reads never improved. Duggan got better coming into this season but has regressed as the season goes on.

bottom line, Cumbie is a bad QB coach and a worse OC.
The only way he is the QB Whisperer is if he is is whispering “You Suck” to them because with 1 exception, our QB play has been average to below average under him

Froggy Style

Urban Meyer finally says what we all have known for three years. There is something off with the coaching.

It's not hard to figure out. All other defenses have adjusted to the air raid.

Our defense hasn't adjusted...AND...our offense hasn't adjusted.