• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at West Virginia; Morning Moonshine Edition

Armadillo

Officials were 0-3 on that play:

1) missed the halo
2) missed the block into the KR
3) missed the block into the ball

And they reviewed the play. WTH!

I will rewatch the game tomorrow, but easily one of the worst calls I have seen. And you’re right, they still missed on the replay. Just very odd and very pathetic of this crew.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Nothing they could do? How about just correct the mistake. Seems like it would have been pretty easy to do.
None of those calls were reviewable, the only thing they could do is review if a TCU player had touched the ball as the refs called on the field. If the review showed something close to the possibility that a Frog didn't touch it then I would bet money they would have given it back to us, but there was no way that would stand after what was on the review. They screwed up big time, and there was nothing they could do to reverse it based on the rules of what is reviewable.

dawg

Apparently the refs cost WVU the game. At least according to their coach on a pass interference non-call.

Under "What Neal Brown Said.."
Odd that he didn’t mention all their blatant offensive PIs and the kick interference clusterdarn that gifted them three points.

East Coast

Tier 1
None of those calls were reviewable, the only thing they could do is review if a TCU player had touched the ball as the refs called on the field. If the review showed something close to the possibility that a Frog didn't touch it then I would bet money they would have given it back to us, but there was no way that would stand after what was on the review. They screwed up big time, and there was nothing they could do to reverse it based on the rules of what is reviewable.
I agree. And the worst part of it was one official got it right and was overruled by the other nincompoops.

Horny 4 Life

For those who remarked how they heard WBAP in faraway places:

Go Frogs!
As a kid growing up in southwestern Pennsylvania, practically on the West Virginia border, I would frequently be able to listen to summertime Phillies broadcasts from their AM broad acting partner in Philadelphia. I never really understood how that was possible, and didn't bother to look into it, until now, thanks!

Frog DJ

As I said to Brewing, I actually worked on one of those 250,000 watt Mexican stations back in late 73/early 74.

The station threw a huge cocktail party the night we signed on the huge transmitter, and we brought in big time advertising and broadcasting execs from all over the country.

Things were going great until 10 pm, when the rock-crushing plant down the street shut down for the night, and the current doubled on the line (Mexico didn’t have regulators on their lines).

The massive surge of power fried the transmitter with all those VIPs watching. My boss handed me his drink, said, “I quit,” walked to his car and drove home without another word.

It took our engineering staff almost 6 weeks to repair the damage. Luckily we still had the old 50,000 watt transmitter available for use, but the damage was done to our reputation.

Ah, the days of my youth…

Go Frogs!

Last edited: