• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at the Little Apple, Wildcat Edition (Oct 21, 2023; 6PM)

Not going to change against any other good defense. He's just a pocket passer, which doens't work in today's college football. We have tried this over and over and just waste scholarships over and over without learning any lessons starting with the All Saints QB.

Sunny is all about relationships, but if he can't recognize the trends and do nothing but let the OC's screw over the program, then he is the problem (after the OC's). I don't blame Briles here, he actually immediately saw who Riley was recruiting and changed it the Hejny and Hawkins.
All types of QBs can flourish in today’s college football. You definitely have to scheme to their strengths. But to say “player X is a pocket passer, he will never be successful” is silly.

Sonny Side Up

The Cleveland Browns approach.
As one who grew up in the Cleveland suburbs million years ago, there was a day when the Browns stood up and gave it more often than they took it. Our Frogs can be that type of team. I’m convinced the most important single element of success in modern college football, on the field, is consistent line play. Right now we don’t have it. Coaching makes it happen. Get busy.

Chongo94

Dykes regressed back to his Cal days real quick. Maybe he was already gonna Cal it up last year, and our talent just made him look good.
This is what I believe now. The staff basically made the air great again and then just stayed out of the way of most of the players that just peaked at just the right time.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Like literally hosed. There was rain dripping on us on our seats and then we had to walk in the pouring rain all the way back to our car which was over a mile away. We only had cheap ponchos that failed in the rain and didn't keep us dry.
Talk about adding insult to injury. It rained so scheissing hard while we were waiting on the shuttle to take us back to where we parked. And there was nothing we could do but stand there and get soaked. A fitting ending to that terrible night.

Big Frog II

As one who grew up in the Cleveland suburbs million years ago, there was a day when the Browns stood up and gave it more often than they took it. Our Frogs can be that type of team. I’m convinced the most important single element of success in modern college football, on the field, is consistent line play. Right now we don’t have it. Coaching makes it happen. Get busy.
You are right. Our lines are lacking this year.

2themax

All I'm trying to say is this staff came with a good reputation. Building with the portal has its shortfalls. They hit the jackpot a couple of times with it filling the gaps. Didn't work this season. I'm in agreement with the lack of effort and intensity. Team lacks fire this season. That's concerning.