• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Oklahoma, The Last One (Nov 24, 2023; 11AM)

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
The defense can’t be all on Gilspie, also need to find some players for next season.
But it can. This is the most points a TCU team has ever given up to OU in the history of these two playing. We've given up 52 three times before, and had our D just been that level of bad this is a one score game.

NewFrogFan

My Dad started taking me to games before my first definitive TCU football memory (1974 in the snow vs UT, an 84-16 loss). Never missed a home game meaning I saw a whole bunch of losing Frog football. The only season that I can remember being this disappointing, not fun, etc was the 2004 year. Really hard to come to grips with how bad this team is just 11 months removed from winning the Fiesta Bowl.
2004 came down to one drive where a Fr QB drove his team the length of the field and GP defense did not stop them. This season was over a month ago, far worse IMO.

OldSchoolFrog

Holy Cow. The new ‘management’ of KFC is making a mockery of what Scott & Wes started. People who I loved and knew well.

There is a handful of people here that make this place the dork corner of Internet forums with their thin skin and wallets.

Schiess yourselves for banning one of the best supporters, Count Frogula, this program has known for offering an opinion on the dumpster fire that Dykes, Joe and raper culture Briles bring.

KFC is as embarrassing as this staff….. I feel for the student athletes and real donors and real fans.

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
2004 came down to one drive where a Fr QB drove his team the length of the field and GP defense did not stop them. This season was over a month ago, far worse IMO.

This season was over after losing to Colorado. Winning that game could have meant at least a bowl game and a 7/5 season. But dumpster fire Gillespie would remain. I’d rather be 5-7 if he’s fired. So awful.

Zubaz

Holy Cow. The new ‘management’ of KFC is making a mockery of what Scott & Wes started. People who I loved and knew well.

There is a handful of people here that make this place the dork corner of Internet forums with their thin skin and wallets.

Schiess yourselves for banning one of the best supporters, Count Frogula, this program has known for offering an opinion on the dumpster fire that Dykes, Joe and raper culture Briles bring.

KFC is as embarrassing as this staff….. I feel for the student athletes and real donors and real fans.
Who got banned?

HFrog1999

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Purple Hearted

Idk. We were coming off an 11-2 year. Got destroyed in Lubbock by an average Tech team, let a 4 win Tulane team beat us at the end of the season to insure a losing season. 04 was pretty rough

PineyWoodsFrog

QB competition should be wide open in spring and fall, even outside of these 2. Sure, we could wait on a Dalton and Boykin-like improvement for Hoover, but who wants to wait for that? You could do that in the Mountain West and our early Big 12 days, but expectations are way higher now than they were 10 and 15 years ago. Nobody has time for that. When you're throwing over 50 passes in a game, I care less about yards (those will be there) and more about completions and accuracy.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain

No one has the ban hammer except for me and Ryann. Ryann is busy coordinating people on the bus and to my knowledge never banned anyone, and I haven't banned a poster in years (last time during Wes' tenure). So, unless the Count ran into a warning point issue no one has been banned.

PineyWoodsFrog

Idk. We were coming off an 11-2 year. Got destroyed in Lubbock by an average Tech team, let a 4 win Tulane team beat us at the end of the season to insure a losing season. 04 was pretty rough
Agreed. This season is a mirror of the 2004 season. That game against Tech we were up 21-0! A few games ago, I was comparing it to 2007, but we completely fell off that wagon.

NewFrogFan

But…..they were still in a position to win, go to a bowl, avoid a losing season few would remember. It was rough, especially for Mark Walker and Martin Patterson who played as true freshmen and did not get to experience the 2005 season with most of the guys they came in with.