• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Colorado; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

tetonfrog

Defensively I don't think the three man front and sparse blitzing was indicative of what we'll see once we get to Conference play, but even after staying on the field for 22 minutes in the first half they were still fighting on every down and flying to the ball; a vast improvement over the last couple of seasons. I can't remember the last time we played a game and didn't give up a big play for a TD, and that alone was a joy to see.

Gillespie's strategy against Lewis reminded me how GP played UT''s Heard in that blowout win over the Whorns years ago. Both QBs are more dangerous with their legs than their arms and neither has a strong arm. Both rushed 3, put a spy on him (GP put 2 spies on Heard) and dropped the rest into coverage. When CU switched to the pocket-passer Shrout in the second half, TCU brought more pressure. I bet we will see a lot of that as the season progresses.

Ironically, the opener reminded me of the early GP days: More run plays than passes, no turnovers, big plays in special teams, suffocating the opponent in the second half and grinding them down to nothing. I guess the only reason why I could not hear the lamentation of the Buffs' women late in the game is because they had all left.........the only CU fans left at the end were bananas.

It was a very satisfying night at Folsom Field.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I don’t disagree with the overall sentiment of your post but I do not understand what you said that in your opening statement. It felt like we were in control for all 4 quarters? What are you talking about? We were absolutely dominated in the first half.

Not to mention, this was basically a carbon copy of our game at Purdue. We couldn’t throw the ball, we ran it up their arse, played great defense and eventually pulled away.
The Bend, don’t Break aspect of the defense coupled with their speed and improved tackling certainly made me feel like we could stop them from getting into the end zone. Not having the offensive production outside of the punt return was troubling but knowing we had Max available to come in, seeing the better route running, and that one offensive series where we got the ground game going pretty much made me feel like we were going to be fine and it was our game to lose.

Of course the sentiment in the game thread through the first half was rather negative, it never felt like the OOC/D2 games we’ve played in the past few seasons.

CountryFrog

You are reading his tweet from the perspective of someone who wants to dislike him and be annoyed by anything he says. It’s a completely harmless comment.
You're just not reading between the area that exists in between the areas that are in between the lines. My CGP decoder ring tells me that this tweet translates to "scheiss you TCU! And especially all you stupid scheissing internet fans!"

Now that you know what Gary was REALLY saying, are you so eager to defend him?

Rabidfrog

When we had that face mask penalty on the opening kickoff of the first game of the season, I thought, what a beginning! Proud of how the team plowed through that first half and then came to life.
yeah, my heart sunk at the face mask on the kick off. Never had seen that. I thought, O Lord, here we go.
TCU again.

ticketfrog123

No. I’m saying that while Duggan has not been a home run he has not been a bust, a failure. A guy who starts as many games as Max and who plays the way he has is not a bust.

And I’m one who thought, marginally, Chandler should get the nod this year
Starting games does not exempt you from being a bust - if you’re just better than the other busts on the roster

It’s a coin flip. Ken seals started a bunch of games (~16) for Vanderbilt. He was a bust

Pharm Frog

You're just not reading between the area that exists in between the areas that are in between the lines. My CGP decoder ring tells me that this tweet translates to "scheiss you TCU! And especially all you stupid scheissing internet fans!"

Now that you know what Gary was REALLY saying, are you so eager to defend him?
Having a hard time understanding how NOW someone is able to know what GP is REALLY saying. Do you have a decoder ring for the perpetual incoherent?

TooColdU

GP lost his job bc his defense sucked. Offense was fine last year. Certainly good enough for 8 wins.

65th in scoring offense, but yeah sure the offense was fine.

Your comment really fits with the 2015 team.

7th in scoring offense but 64th in scoring defense.

I agree our defense sucked last year too, but it was pretty much both sides of the ball

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I understand that. But the only funny part of a joke is that which is at least marginally plausible. That CF has a decoder ring is plausible. That it can decipher GP’s musings is several bridges too far to make the joke funny.
Think of CF's ring like some of the powerful objects in the D&D Guides: They have minds of their own, will mislead you, and have terrible side-effects once you pick them up (Ex: The Teeth of Dahlver Nar)

Latest posts