• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Colorado; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

CountryFrog

Before we get too excited about our defense, take a look at Colorado's offense. They are TERRIBLE. They may lose at Air Force next week.
Not sure how excited anyone is getting about the defense. As you say Colorado is really bad on offense. But we saw a few really bad offenses last year score 30+ on this defense. So while none of us have any idea how good this defense actually is based on these first 4 quarters, it's not unreasonable to say that they've at least improved a little bit over last year's dumpster fire.

Horny 4 Life

I loved watching Ralphie run. Didn’t know she did it again after halftime. Met some nice folks. But overall it was awful behavior and enough that Mrs Pharm has declared never again. I’m kicking myself for not leaving when she said she didn’t feel safe. That’s on me.

Never want to hear complaints about parking at TCU. We parked at East Campus and took the shuttle ($15). After getting lost for awhile the Shuttle dropped us off in the wrong spot and even the CU fans were irritated by that…on campus but nowhere near the stadium. Left game with 2.5m remaining…went back to drop off point. No shuttles. Was told they stopped running at 11pm by one crossing guard and another said they are running Colorado street. Walked all the way to East Campus with a couple of other Frogs in the same predicament….not a single shuttle.

Student section impressive in size and energy….classless in their behavior and language. They are proud of their new sound system and I suppose it’s okay but must have been a massive improvement over the prior one.

Dance team in pre pre-season form but they had energy. Band was loud but seemed perplexed they didn’t get to play the Anthem. Their leaders had them ready but then they played the Anthem from the press box. But that was awesome because the whole stadium rocked with people singing loudly. Pretty cool.

Loved the feel of the on-campus historic stadium but I believe all D1 games should be played at on-campus stadiums. But since these are professional players now maybe they should play at NFL stadiums.

Was surprised that CU fans harbored as much hope and confidence in their team. Was not surprised that they shed all of that when the Frogs took control.

All in all….I’ve now seen Folsom Field and watched Ralphie run. Will return to Colorado because I enjoy the state but can’t see myself ever coming back to CU for a football game.

And…we have some real stupid agitators who wear the purple. I just don’t understand coming to any athletic contest and doing anything but watching the game and cheering your team. Hopefully Estes Park will give me some cooler weather tomorrow (now today) or I’m heading up RMNP to find some chilly air.

Sorry to hear that your experience sucked. We sat with lots of CU fans nearby and didn't have a problem. One guy was very agitated by the play of CU and was a bit obnoxious in his pleadings for them to play better in the 2nd half. That was the worst we had to deal with in our seats. Most all of the adults we encountered were excellent representatives of their school.

Getting into the stadium was a little different story, as we had to walk through the incoming students to get to our seats. We got the usual drunk college kid harassment with the usual unimaginative F*** bombs and the occasional riff on the color purple. None of that was surprising or upsetting. However, the students we actually talked to in concession lines were mostly well behaved. That was pleasant.

In all, the opposing fan experience was what I expected.

The National Anthem was AWESOME! I just shut up and listened to the rest of the stadium singing it and watching/hearing the student section belting it out was a beautiful sight to see and hear. I won't lie, I shed a small tear at the end.

The folks of Boulder, though a bit oblivious to the fact that there was a game this weekend, were very hospitable. There were some awesome outdoor experiences to be had in the area and everyone we encountered was very friendly.

Should we play another game in Boulder in the future, I will most likely attend.

westoverhillbilly

The National Anthem was AWESOME! I just shut up and listened to the rest of the stadium singing it and watching/hearing the student section belting it out was a beautiful sight to see and hear. I won't lie, I shed a small tear at the end.

Should we play another game in Boulder in the future, I will most likely attend.

Their students involved singing of the Nat'l Anthem was one of the best pre-game experiences I can remember.

The game started as a full house in a really classic and cool stadium- I, too, hope we return.

SwissArmyFrog

You're just not reading between the area that exists in between the areas that are in between the lines. My CGP decoder ring tells me...

When was the last time you had it serviced? Sounds like it's time to send it of to the Decoder Ring Service Center. They'll clean and oil, and replace old springs and chips. You should have it back in 8-12 weeks.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
It was also easy to see where parent/family section of the stadium was late in the game

We were sitting just behind the CU player's family section. They were very well behaved. When Emari broke thru with his big TD run, the section got really quiet and then quieter with every Frog TD thereafter.

Eight

We were sitting just behind the CU player's family section. They were very well behaved. When Emari broke thru with his big TD run, the section got really quiet and then quieter with every Frog TD thereafter.

sure seemed as if the air went out the proverbial balloon for cu and their students/fans sometime in the 3rd quarter

reminded me of few times in college when i started too early in the day, went too hard too fast so to speak, and was crashing about 10 ;pm