• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Mountaineers Blackout Edition (Sept 30, 2023; 7PM)

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
I’ll claim ownership.

I don’t play for TCU, I don’t coach for them. I’m a spectator and I’m sure this loss hurts them way worse than it does me. I hope they come out stronger and rebound from it.

I’ve been around tcu since I was 5. Parent taught for decades there and half my family went there. Love the school but it’s not my team, nor is it yours. It’s a team I root for, and I hope they improve. I am just not optimistic at this moment given the performance.

People cope in different ways and if you want to disparage me go right ahead.

CountryFrog

O-line totally fell apart in the second half. They weren't great in the first half but did mostly give Chandler decent time. And the defense is not nearly good enough to win a game for us, even against a bad offense like that.

At least special teams were great tonight.

CountryFrog

I'm not blaming the loss on a single play or player. But man that 3rd & 5 when we were driving and Emani Bailey had basically an entire side of the field with just one defender to beat and couldn't do it ended up being huge. You go for it on 4th down after that and don't make it, then you have the huge punt by them and gaffe by Earle to back us up. Then you go 3 and out with a terrible punt of your own which gives them great field position and ends in a TD.

So one play that should've given us a 21-7 lead if Bailey can make one guy miss and instead it leads to 14-14. Who the heck knows how the game would've ended up if Bailey makes that play. Maybe we still lose anyway. But that was really really big.

frogs9497

I don’t play for TCU, I don’t coach for them. I’m a spectator and I’m sure this loss hurts them way worse than it does me. I hope they come out stronger and rebound from it.

I’ve been around tcu since I was 5. Parent taught for decades there and half my family went there. Love the school but it’s not my team, nor is it yours. It’s a team I root for, and I hope they improve. I am just not optimistic at this moment given the performance.

People cope in different ways and if you want to disparage me go right ahead.
I don’t try to judge one’s fandom. It just felt like you were trolling at times. But I get the frustration. We all felt it at some point.

PurpleBlood87

Holy [ Finebaum ] you see that last blocked FG, the ball is rolling down the field and a WVU coach is 15 yards onto the field yelling at his guys to fall on the ball. That's a live ball. Should have been a penalty, but no, they only call those on Sonny. What BS.
Would have been a post possession penalty.

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
I don’t try to judge one’s fandom. It just felt like you were trolling at times. But I get the frustration. We all felt it at some point.

Definitely not trolling. I will get trolled hard in the office. But I will wear my TCU gear like I do every Monday (except for events/interviews). Sucks that we are having a down year and I worry about several elements.

Last year was in some ways a very fortunate year but we still easily were a good 9+ win team that was clutch in the moment and took advantage of every fortunate spot.

Beat Iowa State, a couple more and try to upset a few. I've accepted we aren't that type of team, our offensive line depth is really bad, and Morris is not clutch in the moment. At least not yet.

Last edited: