• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Frogs and Cougars in H-Town

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Dykes needs to earn his money and coach his coaches on improving these fundamentals.

He also needs to get on Briles’ rear about the inconsistency in the playcalling
And let’s lose the tape on your fingers, hot shot. You might could get away with that kind of low rent crap at Baylor, but then you guys always did try to get away with a bunch of low rent crap down there didn’t you?

LionsBearsFrogs

He greenlit the hire of him and briles. Both awful choices (I dont give a [ Finebaum ] about Baylor, playcalling looks awful)

So crazy. We have the best season ever for TCU or 2nd best whatever. And now we royally suck everywhere and you question every coaching decision. I laugh at preppers and it's like the doomsday for tcu football so far lol.

Bright side? I guess lots of room to improve? Can't suck much harder
Let’s settle this now. Last season was the third or fourth best ever:

1935: Shared claim to MNC
1938: Best ever. Undefeated. MNC.
2010: Undefeated. Consensus No. 2.
2022: CFP Finalist. Consensus No. 2.

Horny4TCU

Darn sanders. Pick which one you want to darn. I liove CSU in this game. All it would've taken is TCU to have life in the defense.

TooColdU

If this defense shows up next week, Special Teams works on not being so special, and the receivers learn to catch, then TCU should beat the Ponies by 2–3 scores.
There's no way SMU's offense is as piss poor's as Houston's.

Preston Stone vs Donavan Smith

There's no contest.

I really hope they don't start thinking the defense is fine. We need to work even harder after wins like these.

Rex Kramer

Fans were worried about winning game we were favored by 7. Win by 23. Fans complain. Need to grow up people. Could have been prettier, yes...but that would have just meant a 40 point win. Either way, no reason to complain.
Anyone complaining about this performance…..SMH.

Any time you beat a conference opponent by 23 points on the road, it’s good.
Respectfully, I disagree. I'm happy that we won, but I'm not happy in the execution. The 23 point differential likely changes if Houston WRs could catch the ball. So many drops. Additionally, our tackling was atrocious, especially on that KO return that went for a TD. At least 3 times we had him dead to rights, but nobody wrapped him up.

On top of that, I think it's a matter of expectations vs reality when it comes to putting points on the board. A little comparison from just today (though I realize this is a very simplistic analysis and each game is different) -

TCU - 564 yards of total offense, 35 first downs - 36 points
OU - 595 yards, 27 first downs - 66 points
UCF - 600 yards, 31 first downs - 48 points
Miami - 589 yards, 32 first downs - 48 points
Ole Miss - 550 yards, 19 first downs - 48 points
NCSt - 498 yards, 26 first downs - 45 points
Ohio St - 562 yards, 24 first downs - 63 points
Oregon - 560 yards, 26 first downs - 55 points
UCLA - 614 yards, 22 first downs - 59 points
LSU - 530 yards, 26 first downs - 41 points
A&M - 557 yards, 28 first downs - 47 points
Auburn - 562 yards, 26 first downs - 45 points

tetonfrog

There's no way SMU's offense is as piss poor's as Houston's.

Preston Stone vs Donavan Smith

There's no contest.

I really hope they don't start thinking the defense is fine. We need to work even harder after wins like these.
SMU will score more on us than UH for sure. But we will score more than we did today, too. We still have a lot to clean up, but it is clear that there is a ton of talent on this TCU team. Still figuring out how to use them together and keep all our playmakers involved.

I am more worried about the early kickoff against SMU than our defense. It'll probably be another shootout because I still don't have much faith our defensive scheme. But if we don't away early possessions, then I don't see how the Ponies are going to stop us.

Latest posts