• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Live Updates

Chico Dusty

I don't know what to say. Really confused about what I watched. At the end of the day, Kenny put up stats, but wasn't to impressed with what I saw. I know it's early, and still optimist that we will improve, but I think we saw how spoiled we were with TB and JD. The last 2 years, every time we were on O and the ball was snapped, I felt we could score on any play. I didn't feel that at all tonight. That's what worries me most. The D is a whole other story.

tcufrogprince1

I can eat crow on Kenny.  When he settled down, it seemed like he played a bit better.  Its hard to tell what he did before because I wasnt near a tv till later in the game.  Defense looked like caca.  Wow.  Just shocked and confused as to what I just saw.  

cdsfrog

Chico Dusty said:
I don't know what to say. Really confused about what I watched. At the end of the day, Kenny put up stats, but wasn't to impressed with what I saw. I know it's early, and still optimist that we will improve, but I think we saw how spoiled we were with TB and JD. The last 2 years, every time we were on O and the ball was snapped, I felt we could score on any play. I didn't feel that at all tonight. That's what worries me most. The D is a whole other story.

Looked fine to me. Offense turned over a ton of people and looked solid.

Defense was worse than 2004 team. Absolutely disgusting, so bad that if they improve by 50% across the board I expect us to give up more than the 28.9 PPG we did last year.  It doesn't make any sense.

Problem is the Dline was awful, but the secondary was so bad as well. Linebackers allowed an 80 yard TD run. We made coaching changes offensively, clearly it looks like we need to do that defensively as well.

TCUSA

Did we play anything but the base D package? I ask because we had no help over the top all game and I didn't see much stunting up front. A couple of blitzes, but way too few to really disrupt their timing. Seems like we were focused on run support from the safeties all game long. I wouldn't take a lot away from this game. I think SDSU would tear LATech a new one or at least play them even, so there's that.

TX_Krötenechse

TCUSA said:
Did we play anything but the base D package? I ask because we had no help over the top all game and I didn't see much stunting up front. A couple of blitzes, but way too few to really disrupt their timing. Seems like we were focused on run support from the safeties all game long. I wouldn't take a lot away from this game. I think SDSU would tear LATech a new one or at least play them even, so there's that.
We left Texada on an island for most of the game against that beast Wieneke (who could start for 90% of FBS teams) and didn't get safety help until late. I saw some stunting on the line but it didn't accomplish much.

pgdaly84

TX_Krötenechse said:
We left Texada on an island for most of the game against that beast Wieneke (who could start for 90% of FBS teams) and didn't get safety help until late. I saw some stunting on the line but it didn't accomplish much.
Y'all are giving that WR too much credit. The deep catch for a TD was a great play, but he wasn't running crazy routes or making difficult plays most of the night. He was just running right by Texada. Part of it was zero pass rush, but our coverage was just atrocious. We also gave up over 100 yards to an FCS RB. CGP's defenses have always been solid against the run until last year. This version got blown off the ball all night. No toughness. It was very deflating to watch after all the reports were that the D looked really good in fall camp.

XIIFrog

Kenny needs to quit throwing off his back foot. He's going to throw a lot of picks and lose some ballgames this year if he doesn't. I know it was his first game back in 2 yrs and he probably wasn't giving our opponent much credit, but he needs to be smarter.

Overall this team looked like a bunch of strangers playing together for the first time. The biggest attribute of a championship team is chemistry, and I didn't see a whole lot from the frogs last night. Hoping they can pull it together, but my expectations for the season certainly aren't sky high. Sticking with my 2 non-win prediction but a little nervous we drop below that if the ball doesn't bounce our way a couple times.

cdsfrog

pgdaly84 said:
Y'all are giving that WR too much credit. The deep catch for a TD was a great play, but he wasn't running crazy routes or making difficult plays most of the night. He was just running right by Texada. Part of it was zero pass rush, but our coverage was just atrocious. We also gave up over 100 yards to an FCS RB. CGP's defenses have always been solid against the run until last year. This version got blown off the ball all night. No toughness. It was very deflating to watch after all the reports were that the D looked really good in fall camp.
Yep we just played like dog crap all game on defense. Terrible all over on defense