• The KillerFrogs

Game thread: TCU vs Okie Lite

ftwfrog

Good Lord I hated the play calling in 4th quarter. Hill had like 2-3 bad passes. Porter should have been benched for that perfect TD drop.

Otherwise holy crap executed everywhere till prevent the win.
Not trying to be a jerk but what kind of play calling did you want to see in the 4th. I wanted to see run, run, run, run with more run mixed in. And then run on top of that.

We could have ran a shuffle pass, screen, draw play, or a pass to a tight end. We tried to run into an 11 man box literally. What a shock it didn't work and we almost got 3 three and outs and could of cost us the game. The game got really scary at the end.

MTfrog5

That was a hell of a game. Ginger was just shredding us, but we had "one" good drive at the end. If I remembered correctly, the Utah/TCU rivalry was the only one that ended 3-3. Talk about evenly matched.

Speaking of BYU, well, not sure anyone in any conference likes that team. Oh well.
One team I would love to be in a conference again with. Always want Utah to do well because of what we did together in the MWC. Lot of fun games fromthe 2005 game after y'all win the Fiesta, 2008, and then the slaughters in 09 and 10. Probably the most respected rival TCU has ever had

arlington

You guys are all correct on the illegal touching in a normal play once frogs touch the ball(actually we had 2 guys do it), OSU could have picked up ball and basically had a free play to run it back as far as possible and if something bad happened they can invoke the illegal touching at the 3. However one exception is if Team B(OSU) has a penalty that team A(TCU) accepts. An accepted penalty negates the illegal touching thus making it ok for TCU to regain possession after OSU touched the ball. Now if you wonder why TCU doesnt get the ball at the 3 its because they have to accept the holding penalty to regain possession thats why the refs gave the frogs 1st and 10 at the 31 after the markoff for the holding penalty. If TCU declined the penalty in throery they could have kpt the illegal touch in play with OSU ball at the 3 but that wouldnt be any fun now would it?

ifrog

You guys are all correct on the illegal touching in a normal play once frogs touch the ball(actually we had 2 guys do it), OSU could have picked up ball and basically had a free play to run it back as far as possible and if something bad happened they can invoke the illegal touching at the 3. However one exception is if Team B(OSU) has a penalty that team A(TCU) accepts. An accepted penalty negates the illegal touching thus making it ok for TCU to regain possession after OSU touched the ball. Now if you wonder why TCU doesnt get the ball at the 3 its because they have to accept the holding penalty to regain possession thats why the refs gave the frogs 1st and 10 at the 31 after the markoff for the holding penalty. If TCU declined the penalty in throery they could have kpt the illegal touch in play with OSU ball at the 3 but that wouldnt be any fun now would it?
Interesting, is this zebra frog?

tcumaniac

Interesting. Thank you for this explanation. Weird rule.

Flew by Orangepower to look at their game thread and ran across this odd pre-game post

GoPokes1981Greenhorn
The horny toad fans sure are overconfident that they will win over on their board. I'm sure Kenny Hill will bring them back down to reality tomorrow. Its beyond me where their confidence is coming from.

He must have been reading some other forum, no?