• The KillerFrogs

Gaines out for the year?

Mean Purple

Injuries suck and injuries to stand-out players stand-out as sucking. But all teams go through this and we’re just closer to our situation. What I do think is different is that we don’t ever appear to have the bench strength to mitigate against such injuries. Personally I think part of that is recruiting and part of that are schemes on both sides of the ball that aren’t as intuitive to incoming players which means longer to develop spare but effective parts. (O because there’s no apparent core philosophy and D because the 4-2-5 is pretty complex and fluid).
would be interesting to see the stats regarding knee/leg injuries that other teams have on key starters. would be interesting to see the workouts of those who more often are on the lower end of the scale compared to those who are more often on the higher end of the scale.

CountryFrog

I’m pretty comfortable saying that we should be a really solid team in 2019.
I agree with this but I could be accurately accused at times of being overly optimistic. We're so darn close this year that even with all our injuries and deficiencies we're just a handful of plays away from being 5-1 or 6-0.

CountryFrog

Total injuries? Sure. But we seem to almost always lose our top guys.
In 2015 we just had EVERYONE hurt at one time or another. This year the injury bug certainly seems to be selective towards our top players.

I feel like 2014, 2016, and 2017 were relatively low on injuries to key guys but I'm just going off memory.

Wexahu

Seems like every year we (and the "experts") think we're going to be really good we aren't, and when we think we'll maybe be kind of average, we're really good. So I expect next year we'll be picked to finish about 5th or 6th in the conference, and we'll end up in the B12 CCG. That's the way it's worked since we joined the conference. And when Gary sounds happy and optimistic during 2-a-days, be very worried.

LSU Game Attendee

It does seem like Coach P has doing a lot more pre-snap coaching ever since Popiscle Bumpas left.

Too much going through our defenders heads might also explain the lack of turnovers the last few years. Playing loose and knowing your assignment on defense is the key to letting their instinct / intangibles take over.

More coaching and calling- but seems effective. While the defense was outstading, it did seem there was more smoke than usual coming out defenders' earholes pre-snap vs. TTU.

jake102

Seems like every year we (and the "experts") think we're going to be really good we aren't, and when we think we'll maybe be kind of average, we're really good. So I expect next year we'll be picked to finish about 5th or 6th in the conference, and we'll end up in the B12 CCG. That's the way it's worked since we joined the conference. And when Gary sounds happy and optimistic during 2-a-days, be very worried.

2010 and 2015 were the exceptions. We were supposed to be good those years, picked to be good and we were good. 2015 would have been a great year if not for the laughably bad luck.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
2010 and 2015 were the exceptions. We were supposed to be good those years, picked to be good and we were good. 2015 would have been a great year if not for the laughably bad luck.
How does that year’s laughably bad luck compare to this year’s?