• The KillerFrogs

FWST: To sell suites, TCU gave itself the 2018 national title, Aggie style. And it worked.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I worked out the math for Club Seats over on the new East Side. It was just over $10,000/yr. for myself and my lovely wife. My lovely wife figured that we could fly r/t to Aruba, head down to a beachside palapa with a slew of delicious Balashi beers, and watch the game on a phone or something with our toes in the warm sand, each home game for less money...

Big Frog II

Yes, I do think these club seats were over priced. Perhaps they should turn some of them into loge boxes since these have already sold out. As for the club seats on the other side, they raise the price on these about 5% every year. They are going to start having vacancies in these eventually if they keep raising the price. You can just squeeze so much blood out of a turnip or a donor.

BABYFACE

CDC saw the potential of money that was being left on the table pertaining to donors and fan base when he got to TCU. Well, that gap has been closed for a few years now. TCU does not have the Alumni or donor base size of a large state university and the money supply is not endless. At times you reach price limit on your product until demand changes that limit again.

Not sure if I am allowed to say this on KF.C or not, but the StarTelegram is terrible. I would recommend all people to subscribe to Sptspage.com (Gil and Co.) and/or theathletic.com.

Ever since I have subscribed to those two websites, I have hardly (If at all) visited ESPN.com, SI.com, or any of the other outlets. The quality of those two subscription services is unsurpassed by pretty much any other regional or national sports network.
I’m on both and I rarely consume other written sports media. Good stuff

HFrog12

Deep - while I agree that they are going to find a way to fill the remaining 40% of the club, how do you think they will fill it? Actually curious for your opinion. For me I loved the idea of the club but could not justify the cost. I am sure there are many in the same boat and I find it hard to believe that people will be sold between now and next year, although that is a long time for sentiment to change. That being said, I fear they are going to target the corporate avenue like they have done other luxury seating.

My hope was that people who were on the edge of priority points, sitting in the 300s, would jump over and buy the new clubs. This would trickle down and everyone in the stadium would be able to upgrade. Now that I see they are having trouble I wonder if the demand from frog faithful isn't actually there.

Lastly, the new tax regulation seems to have really hurt the momentum.

Deep Purple

Deep - while I agree that they are going to find a way to fill the remaining 40% of the club, how do you think they will fill it? Actually curious for your opinion. For me I loved the idea of the club but could not justify the cost. I am sure there are many in the same boat and I find it hard to believe that people will be sold between now and next year, although that is a long time for sentiment to change. That being said, I fear they are going to target the corporate avenue like they have done other luxury seating.

My hope was that people who were on the edge of priority points, sitting in the 300s, would jump over and buy the new clubs. This would trickle down and everyone in the stadium would be able to upgrade. Now that I see they are having trouble I wonder if the demand from frog faithful isn't actually there.

Lastly, the new tax regulation seems to have really hurt the momentum.
HFrog, I have no inside intel on this — just my best guess. Here are two reasons why I think the Eastside club will easily sell out:

1. Every year they have a significant waiting list of people wanting club seats but unable to get them because demand exceeds supply.

2. The new Eastside seats are still a ways out and no upper-level construction has appeared yet (it’s all at ground level), so people aren’t feeling any particular sense of urgency. As construction progress grows more visible, I think more people will be galvinized to act.

I respect Deeps understanding of TCUs donor capacity, but I’d be willing to bet TCU won’t sell out the new club seats at the current price ahead of next season. They will have to change the agreement to lower the upfront commitment, we may have had folks with interest in club seats but not that many willing to pay so much when, every year, there is SOME attrition in the west side seats. Patience is rewarded with savings in time.

Also, it’s great that they sold out the Loge boxes and it’s not surprising, but they might have made those too cheap in retrospect when compared to the club seats.

In total, can TCU sell 7,500 expensive club seat season tickets every year between both the sections? If I’m remembering correctly that’s about the total, and it seems like a lot considering the prices. We don’t have the alumni base, nor the adequate product on the field.

Brog

Perhaps but only if people forgot to watch the game tonight

Yes, we have more to be concerned about than whether box seats will sell out. I really feel for HCGP who has to leave pretty early tomorrow to go to his Mom's funeral. He'll sure be in my thoughts and prayers.