• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU selling fans beer while locking the door behind them

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU selling fans beer while locking the door behind them

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

Don't worry about Texas Christian University selling some beer at its ballgames, despite what the Bible says.

According to Ephesians chapter 5, verse 18, "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery."

Proverbs chapter 23, verse 20 states, "Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article210130114.html

Froglaw

Muck googled "Bible verses" and "alcohol bad".

Great article.

Words of immense wisdom.

Ignore the first miracle and 1 Timothy.

Muck who pays you for this swill?

Edit:

DNR

Not me as long as you work for the FWST I will not subscribe.

MAcFroggy

Edit:

DNR

Not me as long as you work for the FWST I will not subscribe.

100% agree. Instead of subscribing to the FWST, I just read the articles for free in incognito mode. However, I never ever read a Engel article.

To be fair... I do no think I would subscribe to the FWST even if Engel left.

Deep Purple

Look up the word "snarky" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Mac. He can't help it. It's in his DNA. See also "genetic disorders."

Spike

The more I ponder this, the more I wonder how this is a thing one way or another. If I am not in the mood or not able to go to the game the fact that they are selling beer is not going to make me go. Especially when I could get the same thing at the grocery store cheaper. When it's the Frogs I am more of a die hard and following the nuances of the game. I don't really need beer.

OTOH when I go see the Cats (miss them) or Railroaders or Roughriders where I don't follow the team that closely I tend to enjoy a beverage and socialize more. Still not a make or break deal.

When I go to the Brahmas I will sometimes have one and sometimes not.

While I'm not opposed to going to see SMU at home on a non Frog day they rarely play anyone of interest. While I might have had a beverage the last time we played them the lines were ridiculous and I didn't want to miss the game. When we played them there in 2014 it was an 11AM kickoff. I was more interested in coffee than beer at that point. I'm not going to jump in my car and fly off to Dallas to see them play Old Dominion just because they sell beer. Heck I haven't even made it to see University of North Texas's new stadium, only been wanting to to for about 4 years or so. Never was even aware that they sold beer.

I have no issues w/ the no in and out because I park in the neighborhood and it would take me 20 minutes to get to car and back.

That said, somebody educate me why this is a big deal one way or the other.

BTW Muck is just annoying.

Eight

Other than the news that TCU will sell beer, that was a lame article.

Come on Mac, you’re better than that.

no, no he isn't

you must have forgotten how he did not have the courage to show up for fall camp opening press conference after savaging gary over the handling of casey.

excuse was something along the lines the rangers were playing a game that day.

Frog DJ

I don't get all the hate for Mack Engel, but then again - I rarely even notice who the writer is, because I'm much more interested in the content than I am the columnist.

Of course, I don't live in Fort Worth anymore, so I don't have to read his work every day, but I'm a moderately moderate moderate, and moderately proud of it, so I try not to judge.

As for the issue of beer at ballgames - I gave up the devil water almost 20 years ago, so it has zero influence over my decision to attend a TCU game or stay home and watch it on TV.

My focus is on the game, not the libations.

To each his or her own, though...

Go Frogs!

smufrogger

I - as an east sider run out at halftime on hot days to get a blast of auto ac for the halftime and grab a water to take in after the halftime. On brutally hot days- with no in and out I’ll be just going home at the half.