• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU plans $40M for athletic training centers, including football complex

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU plans $40M for athletic training centers, including football complex

BY TOM JOHANNINGMEIER
TJOHANNINGMEIER@STAR-TELEGRAM.COM

TCU plans $40M for athletic training centers, including football complex. Take a look

TCU has received a $10 million gift from the Jane & John Justin Foundation to renovate the Bob Lilly Performance Center, build a new football performance complex and develop a wellness center for all athletes.

The estimated $40 million project, announced Thursday, will be funded through private donations. Construction is expected to begin in 2024.

“We are grateful to the Jane & John Justin Foundation for their continued investment in our student-athletes,” TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati said in a statement. “Their latest gift commitment underscores the momentum in our athletics program while also positioning us in the future to be a leader in maximizing the training and preparation of student-athletes for elite performance.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article269493407.html

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The bob Lilly performance center that was completed in 2011 is already useless or somehow out of date?
"to renovate the Bob Lilly Performance Center," ...

Where does it say it is useless, or even out of date? Most places are updated after a decade.

If that is what this great TCU family wants to put money to, along with other athletics donors, then what is there for you to witch about? I am sure TCU will not be counting on your support. None of us are.

I am glad that TCU is staying current, expanding and has such great private donors to make all of these great things happen.

Sunny Day Hello GIF by Beymen

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

"to renovate the Bob Lilly Performance Center," ...

Where does it say it is useless, or even out of date? Most places are updated after a decade.

If that is what this great TCU family wants to put money to, along with other athletics donors, then what is there for you to witch about? I am sure TCU will not be counting on your support. None of us are.

I am gad that TCU is staying current, expanding and has such great private donors to make all of these great things happen.

Sunny Day Hello GIF by Beymen
UT renovated their weight room for $3mm when they also redid the lockers in ~2018.

You’ve got a big surprise coming if you think this thing is anywhere close to fully funded (it’s 25%)

Let’s say the weight room is $5mm. The other $35mm is for a football performance center and a recovery area?

Lot of money to beat up on tech and houston in the future.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
UT renovated their weight room for $3mm when they also redid the lockers in ~2018.

You’ve got a big surprise coming if you think this thing is anywhere close to fully funded (it’s 25%)
So what? It doesn't affect me or you. It is all private dollars. A lot of capital projects are not fully funded at the time they are announced (which is often why they are announced). Other donors see the current financial commitment, the plans and can then decide to donate or not. Construction could start in 2024, meaning there is now a capital campaign in place. It is all private dollars.

The same has happened for the other capital projects on campus. ADJD now will do what ADJD do.

And who gives a flying fart what UT does or did? Maybe their needs were different. Maybe a lot of their money is tied up paying off fired coaches. I don't know their situation or care.

Strike while the iron's hot.

ticketfrog123

So what? It doesn't affect me or you. It is all private dollars. A lot of capital projects are not fully funded at the time they are announced (which is often why they are announced). Other donors see the current financial commitment, the plans and can then decide to donate or not. Construction could start in 2024, meaning there is now a capital campaign in place. It is all private dollars.

The same has happened for the other capital projects on campus. ADJD now will do what ADJD do.

And who gives a flying fart what UT does or did? Maybe their needs were different. Maybe a lot of their money is tied up paying off fired coaches. I don't know their situation or care.
You’re missing the big picture that a good Chunk of our large donors have decreased their gifts and fully backed out of the east suites after the UT/OU announcement. Those east suites still not full and donors/businesses are on the fence about keeping seats when you lose those 2 in the conference. Entertaining UT/OU clients was a big part of the pitch for local businesses.

And no - this won’t all be private dollars as TCU can use media money from the big 12 to pay for this.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
You’re missing the big picture that a good Chunk of our large donors have decreased their gifts and fully backed out of the east suites after the UT/OU announcement. Those east suites still not full and donors/businesses are on the fence about keeping seats when you lose those 2 in the conference. Entertaining UT/OU clients was a big part of the pitch for local businesses.

And no - this won’t all be private dollars as TCU can use media money from the big 12 to pay for this.
"The estimated $40 million Athletics Human Performance Center Renovation and Expansion project, to be funded through private donations, was unanimously approved for design development by TCU's Board of Trustees. Construction is targeted to begin in early 2024."

Again nothing you posted really has any impact on you or me. The stadium and expansion are paid for, no debt. Not worried about suite leases. If businesses won't be able to cater to OU/Texas people then OK. I don't really care.

This project happens or it doesn't. If it does it will be with private dollars.

TCU can run TCU.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
My first thought—that’s a LOTTA glass right next to the practice fields. I’m thinking there’s gonna be some wicked glare off those for the team, coaches & schmucks up in the camera towers to deal with.