• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU plans $40M for athletic training centers, including football complex

Deep Purple

You’re missing the big picture that a good Chunk of our large donors have decreased their gifts and fully backed out of the east suites after the UT/OU announcement. Those east suites still not full and donors/businesses are on the fence about keeping seats when you lose those 2 in the conference. Entertaining UT/OU clients was a big part of the pitch for local businesses.

And no - this won’t all be private dollars as TCU can use media money from the big 12 to pay for this.

News flash: Media money is private dollars.

Additional news flash: Whatever our large athletic donors did after the UT/OU announcement will be largely reversed by the current season of success. TCU has seen this happen time after time over the last 25 years. Bandwagoners don't just jump off the wagon, they jump back on as well.

Educational point from a 28-year veteran of TCU fundraising: The bandwagon effect also applies in fundraising. When a major donor coughs up serious samoleans as the lead gift toward a privately funded project, other people of wealth are either inspired by that donor's confidence in the project or they feel a certain amount of peer influence to join the effort. This happens so routionely that it's taught as a tried and true fundraising strategy at professional conferences and seminars. I've seen it happen so many times, I've lost count.

Deep Purple

I hope I become an "old fossil" because the alternative is no fun!:D
Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
The bob Lilly performance center that was completed in 2011 is already useless or somehow out of date?
I don’t know a thing about the facility. I’ve never seen it or one to compare it with. I do know that as soon as SD saw it, one of his priorities was to improve and expand it. So whatever it is, he thought it deficient. Considering some of the cutting edge things this staff is doing with player performance I don’t find that a surprise. He has the political capital now to get it done so it makes sense.

On a board that has from time to time been filled with reflexive contrarians, your takes are consistently the worst. No one has to go along unquestioningly agreeing with every positive statement about the program, staff or players but it’s equally silly to challenge every positive statement. Doing either will make a person come off as tiresome, unserious and plain wrong enough times that folks just tune them out

Edit: Another salutary effect may be in helping to keep Kaz at TCU. I just saw him making a pitch for donations for the facility on an instagram Frog Club video.

Last edited:

froglash88

It’s definitely needed to keep up with the times. The new UF football training facility was $85 million. It includes offices, locker room, dining, outdoor pool, etc.

G Mother Froggen P

You’re missing the big picture that a good Chunk of our large donors have decreased their gifts and fully backed out of the east suites after the UT/OU announcement. Those east suites still not full and donors/businesses are on the fence about keeping seats when you lose those 2 in the conference. Entertaining UT/OU clients was a big part of the pitch for local businesses.

And no - this won’t all be private dollars as TCU can use media money from the big 12 to pay for this.
Serious question because I do not know, but was there a materially drop in season ticket suite holders due to UT/OU departures? I wouldn't imagine their fanbases would pony up for a suite when their team pays in AGC every two years.. I'd guess it was more a result of us sucking it up the prior 4 years. Next year will be telling on what our ticket sales bump to YoY.

atofrog

Contributor
The bob Lilly performance center that was completed in 2011 is already useless or somehow out of date?

I hope other forum followers do not confuse this username with my posts and reputation. Just because it says ticketfrog does not reflect or represent my opinion.

I felt like I needed to have post a fan forum disclaimer or “cease and desist”. Haha!

Beat K-State and Go Frogs!

ticketfrog123

Serious question because I do not know, but was there a materially drop in season ticket suite holders due to UT/OU departures? I wouldn't imagine their fanbases would pony up for a suite when their team pays in AGC every two years.. I'd guess it was more a result of us sucking it up the prior 4 years. Next year will be telling on what our ticket sales bump to YoY.
@Deep Purple - do you have the general numbers?

All I know is TCU claimed to have the east suites mostly sold (only 1 small section available on the 15s) - then seats in all sections opened up after the UT/OU announcement

Multiple emails were sent in 2021 to inquire if interested for east suites

There was an open house in July 2022 for legends club that I thought went to all frog club members

There’s also been a large drop in general season ticket holders since 2018. Covid didn’t help but the concept this is all “donor funded” is not correct - Boschini is making a last push for a few large campaigns before he retires (in 2023 or 2024?)

Last edited:

Cougar/Frog

You shouldn’t be flinging intelligence insults at anyone with cougar high in your name
If you were not so clueless, you would be aware of the difference between a Coog and a Coug...

so sad that people have so much time to do sock puppet trolling on other fans message boards. Did the Raider Rash board ban you? Did the KU board tire of your lame posts? Did your fellow Aggies decide you were even too lame to hang with them?

ticketfrog123

If you were not so clueless, you would be aware of the difference between a Coog and a Coug...

so sad that people have so much time to do sock puppet trolling on other fans message boards. Did the Raider Rash board ban you? Did the KU board tire of your lame posts? Did your fellow Aggies decide you were even too lame to hang with them?
Nobody cares about those kinds of cougars - for whatever school.

You’re the guy from a WSU forum posting here with questionable TCU ties. Ironic?

You have less magic KFC points than me so clearly you have something to learn from mr. Clueless

Cougar/Frog

Nobody cares about those kinds of cougars - for whatever school.

You’re the guy from a WSU forum posting here with questionable TCU ties. Ironic?

You have less magic KFC points than me so clearly you have something to learn from mr. Clueless
Again, wrong.

And since I went to TCU for my PhD, I am very much a Frog.

But thanks for playing.... you are still someone with stupid takes and strong hostility to TCU, which usually means someone is a fan of a different Texas university and just is here to troll.