• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football is not wrong for hiring Art Briles’ former strength coach at Baylor

gofor2

So I read Steaming Pile’s latest hit-piece and found it on par with the rest of his garbage. I also did a little search and saw that the topic has been discussed on the Coaching Hire thread but didn’t reread all 5000 some-odd posts. Since it hasn’t come up this go round, what was the group consensus here on the Kaz hire?
I wish I could give you %, but I cannot. i.e. 40% for, 60% against.
The sides kinda go like this
Pro Kaz: He isn't Briles. All of the faults at the school and program were Briles, so it can't be Kaz. He was vetted, nothing bad about him. Good hire.

scheiss Kaz: If you believe even half of the [ Finebaum ] they put out in the media, no scheissing way that guy should be here. We should mention - Briles himself was given a letter of clearance from the school for any wrong doing. Do you think he did no wrong? So saying Kaz was vetted means little. Hiring Kaz is a straight sell out move and a lowering of our standards.

HornFrogger

I wish I could give you %, but I cannot. i.e. 40% for, 60% against.
The sides kinda go like this
Pro Kaz: He isn't Briles. All of the faults at the school and program were Briles, so it can't be Kaz. He was vetted, nothing bad about him. Good hire.

scheiss Kaz: If you believe even half of the [ #2020 ] they put out in the media, no scheissing way that guy should be here. We should mention - Briles himself was given a letter of clearance from the school for any wrong doing. Do you think he did no wrong? So saying Kaz was vetted means little. Hiring Kaz is a straight sell out move and a lowering of our standards.
Ten four. Thanks. I’m wrestling internally with it and probably fall about the same. Maybe 30/70. Lots of fault to hand out around that situation and I’m certainly not suggesting it be litigated again here.

Hopefully TCU has policies and procedures in place to specifically tell coaches what to do should they find themselves in a similarly horrific situation. That seems to be the prime reason cited for why they covered it all up; errr, I mean decided to take no future actions.

gofor2

Hopefully TCU has policies and procedures in place to specifically tell coaches what to do should they find themselves in a similarly horrific situation. That seems to be the prime reason cited for why they covered it all up; errr, I mean decided to take no future actions.
To be fair, the if the school administration and AD have protocols in place, as well as expected behaviors (for staff and students) and those are clear and understood, employee behavior shouldn't deviate . If it does, you deal with it.

HornFrogger

To be fair, the if the school administration and AD have protocols in place, as well as expected behaviors (for staff and students) and those are clear and understood, employee behavior shouldn't deviate . If it does, you deal with it.
Agree completely. I intended that more in jest than anything else. Well, maybe more as a jab at Baylor for not having clearly delineated guidelines for faculty and staff on how to handle a potentially realistic event happening on a campus full of young adults. Its not like they have a law school to advise them on university policies or had a president that had dealt with a high profile investigation into a President‘s sexual behavior or defended Eptstein. Ohhh, actually…