• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football is not wrong for hiring Art Briles’ former strength coach at Baylor

Limp Lizard

I believe him. Nobody knows the definition or has had the experience of being "wrong", like Engle.
The only worse I have seen in the area was Skip Bayless. Even Muck looks OK next to him. A really, really sorry excuse for a human being. Thought TCU should get at least as bad a punishment than SMU although TCU was minor-league and turned themselves in. Then he went on the Ticket and alienated everyone there. On ESPN only keeps his job due to ratings. People the last 30 years have worshiped meanness.

I really don't know Muck personally, but apparently Skip is as bad a person, or ever worse, than he looks on screen.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The only way to get rid of him is to shut down KFC apparently, since we seem to supply this lazy example of a journalist with most of his story fodder…

Last edited:

Tshirt Fan

Getting in front of any controversy is exactly why it was mentioned at the very beginning of SD introduction speech.
This is the power of a strong communication plan.

For those that don't understand the impact of having a communication plan and delivering excellent communication....
there's nothing I can do to help you.

warming coal city il GIF

Mean Purple

GP's strength coach, trainers and medical staff had a very hard time keeping the kids healthy.

Once they were injured, they RARELY had them back in the lineup. We must have led the nation in season ending injuries. They were a major cause of GP's collapse.
Wasn't the Strength coach part of the general staff. I remember he had worked volley ball or some other sport as well.
When did GP actually bring in a new dedicated strength coach for football?

Mean Purple

So, it's out in the open. I believe this was by design: Get it out, and discussed, early on. Let the News Cycle digest it and move on to the next shiny object.

Sonny brought it up early on in his speech yesterday, which I figured meant that they wanted to get the controversy, if there was to be one, over with early and allow all parties to move on.

Big Steaming Pile was, as usual, trolling this board for story ideas. I will not soil my poor computer with the Startlegram's cookies, but I expect there some quotes in there that sound awfully familiar.
I think the reason they brought his name up in the press conference was to try and show they are addressing a BIG need, Strength and Conditioning. Donati finally saw the writing on the wall and made that one of the key points they would consider for hiring a new coach.

There were some issues with what GP was allowed to hire in that respect.

Mean Purple

Look, everybody knew this particular issue was going to come up. They vetted the guy. Unless something else comes up in the remaining law suits against BU, then there won't likely be an issue, as long as he followed the rules on how and what he was supposed to report.

Muck was gonna push this chicken [ Finebaum ] back handed attack, He always does. He does not like TCU. He didn't like GP. And he is a weasel.

Mean Purple

Mac writes an article in favor of TCUs hire and supporting the opinion of several people on this board, and we get 2 + pages of the people Mac agrees with talking about how much Mac sux?

Pete Davidson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Mac threw just enough in there to try and cause trouble. I've seen nobody in the Media talking about issues with hiring that assistant. Mac is using an old communications trick. You hit the reference and it pops fresh in the mind.

GP's strength coach, trainers and medical staff had a very hard time keeping the kids healthy.

Once they were injured, they RARELY had them back in the lineup. We must have led the nation in season ending injuries. They were a major cause of GP's collapse.
this is one of the best points I have ever read on this site. After fall camp we would be down at least 3 starters year after year. Anyone is better then what we had. That many injuries in fall camp falls on 2 groups. 1 coaching (maybe we were over working the guys) 2. the strength team (which was the cause). They dont have our guys strong enough to handle camp. They know the way GP ran his fall camp, and should have had the team ready or talked GP into scaling things down to keep everyone healthy.. Also, over the past years our teams got slower as the game went on especially from teams that were run heavy. Which is completely on them. In CF being out of shape should never be an issue. GP should have made a change years ago this was another reason for his down fall.