• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU blew its chance to make its game against Ohio State a pinnacle moment

netty2424

All 128 teams aren't equal. All P5 teams are.

UCF didn't make the playoffs because their schedule sucked. When the best team you play all year is Memphis, you're not making the playoffs. Period. If they want to play an Oklahoma or a couple really legit power programs in OOC (like Houston did in 2015) they can join the party. Until then, they can try and make the Peach Bowl.
UCF manhanlded a really good Auburn team. I personally didn't walk away from that game thinking it was a 1 TD difference. UCF looked like the better team.

But this is the issue. You're putting too many stipulations on your own argument. Either teams have an equal shot or they don't. You're playing both sides of the argument.

Eight

while some of you go down this same play-off selection process rabbit hole once again can anyone give an intelligent reason how tcu is hurt by some rant by an idiot on the radio in dallas?

have we lost any recruits? booster pulled money? gary cried himself to sleep over what was said on the ticket?

froginmn

And exactly zero Big 10 teams get to play all those teams. Every conference has bottom feeders, those are the Big 10's, and I'd substitute Purdue for Maryland if I were you since it's kind of embarrassing that one of the Big 12's marquee programs has lost two years in a row to a Big 10 bottom feeder.
Ohio State played all of them in 2014.

And yes:

itsatrap.jpg

Wexahu

UCF manhanlded a really good Auburn team. I personally didn't walk away from that game thinking it was a 1 TD difference. UCF looked like the better team.

But this is the issue. You're putting too many stipulations on your own argument. Either teams have an equal shot or they don't. You're playing both sides of the argument.

G5 teams aren't equal to P5 teams, that is obvious. You don't have to be deliberately ignorant.

I'll ask again, how is TCU disadvantaged compared to Oklahoma in terms of getting in the playoff? What has happened so far for you to have such a strong opinion about that?

Frog-in-law1995

There hasn't been any controversies. The committee has gotten it right every time. Just because people are angry, doesn't mean it's a controversy.

Edit: Keep in mind Ohio State has been left out TWICE when I felt like they should of been in. The committee still got it right. Last year Alabama proved to be the right choice, just like Ohio State did in 2014.

Winning a 4-team tournament doesn’t prove that it was the right choice to leave out team #5 (or, as it happened, 6). The committee thought Ohio State was the 4th best of the 4 teams that made the playoffs. The only thing your victory did was prove them wrong.

G5 teams aren't equal to P5 teams, that is obvious. You don't have to be deliberately ignorant.

I'll ask again, how is TCU disadvantaged compared to Oklahoma in terms of getting in the playoff? What has happened so far for you to have such a strong opinion about that?

Nothing, but you know how CFB fans are. ESPN hates every college in the country, and they are biased towards every program in the country. CFB fans will see what they want to see. TCU has a GOLDEN opportunity this weekend

Winning a 4-team tournament doesn’t prove that it was the right choice to leave out team #5 (or, as it happened, 6). The committee thought Ohio State was the 4th best of the 4 teams that made the playoffs. The only thing your victory did was prove them wrong.

huh? Nobody should of been in over defending champion, undefeated Florida State. They got the four right. We can argue for a larger playoff format, but they've got the four teams right every year.

Edit: I included Florida State because I thought we were talking about 2014.

Wexahu

Intentionally didn't, as that was Ohio state's 2014 schedule.

LOL

Got it, that makes sense. Yeah, that's pretty bad. But they also played what was then a pretty solid Cincinnati team, Virginia Tech, and Navy in OOC and we played two terrible teams and Minnesota. Then they got the extra game in the CCG. Yes, and I'm aware that Virginia Tech beat them.

Look at it any way you want but if we were in their shoes and got left out we'd have been absolutely livid.

Snoop1122

I feel like I would be more pumped about Game Day too if this game were on TCU's campus. If the game was on our campus you could go to Game Day then the game a few hours.

Frog-in-law1995

I feel like I would be more pumped about Game Day too if this game were on TCU's campus. If the game was on our campus you could go to Game Day then the game a few hours.

I could not possibly repeat the Utah gameday experience. It was glorious, and will forever be a cherished memory, but I was worthless for about a week afterwards. And now I’m a decade older.