• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU blew its chance to make its game against Ohio State a pinnacle moment

Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Northwestern most of the time, say hi!!

I don't think the B1G is the best conference in college football, and I don't think anybody thinks there isn't some bad teams in every conference. It's just ridiculous to think that the Big 12 has the toughest SOS.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I agree with you Wex. Obviously not all 128 teams, but all P5 teams have an equal opportunity. Finish with 1 loss or less and win your conference and you're in.
Or lose 1 game, don't play in your conference championship, make sure your colors are crimson and you make the playoffs.

Double V

Again you're missing his point. First, yes games like these cause injuries and players are dinged up a lot more than some of the OOC games we've played in the past. Second, his main point wasn't that the team isn't tough enough, or not ready for the challenge, rather that the SYSTEM is rigged in such a way that playing these games have ZERO upside if you're trying to win a National Championship.
No, I fully understand his point. It's just wrong. GP is great, but he's not infallible.

You either don't know football or are taking shots, but either way you're wrong.

This is nothing to do with football, more to do with politics. If you can name one team that has lost 1 or less games and won their championship and been kept out of the playoffs, you can call me wrong. If not, you are an idiot.

And exactly zero Big 10 teams get to play all those teams. Every conference has bottom feeders, those are the Big 10's, and I'd substitute Purdue for Maryland if I were you since it's kind of embarrassing that one of the Big 12's marquee programs has lost two years in a row to a Big 10 bottom feeder.

Probably should of left Maryland out lol

West Coast Johnny

We have to ask ourselves who we want to be associated with and schedule OOC accordingly. Do we want to schedule like Texas, Oklahoma, USC, etc.? Or should we schedule like Baylor & Texas Tech.

We already play FCS & SMU every frigging year.

Last edited:

TxFrog1999

This is nothing to do with football, more to do with politics. If you can name one team that has lost 1 or less games and won their championship and been kept out of the playoffs, you can call me wrong. If not, you are an idiot.
Alabama 2017 didn't even play in their conference championship and got in. Does that count? We didn't have a conference championship in 2014 and dropped 3 spots after winning by 50+ points and losing to a top 25 team (like Alabama 2017).

Double V

I agree the atmosphere would have been fantastic, and don't misunderstand me, I'm not happy about the move to AT&T, nor am I happy that the current beauty pageant that is the playoff committee has killed off games like this in the future. However, when your team HAS to go undefeated through the toughest conference format in the nation just to be one of the teams considered for the LAST spot, why make 1/12th of your season a 50/50 chance you'll be on the outside looking in by week 3 and increase the risk of injury? Better question, why does the SEC OOC cupcake schedule get a pass? Does Corby think A&M offered Clemson a quality OOC matchup? Based on his comments he does. But why? A&M is no better now than some of the teams we have on our future schedule that he blasted. Yet, Clemson gets credit for that game.
Or HAS to win a big OOC game in order to get some leeway on a B12 loss (2017 OU says "hi!")

Alabama 2017 didn't even play in their conference championship and got in. Does that count? We didn't have a conference championship in 2014 and dropped 3 spots after winning by 50+ points and losing to a top 25 team (like Alabama 2017).

Has a team lost one or less games, and won a conference championship and been left out? If anyone does that and is left out than you can cry conspiracy theories all you want. This applies to Ohio State fans that bitched about 2015, and 2017 as well.

TxFrog1999

Has a team lost one or less games, and won a conference championship and been left out? If anyone does that and is left out than you can cry conspiracy theories all you want. This applies to Ohio State fans that bitched about 2015, and 2017 as well.
4 years of data to pick from, we've already had three controversies, and you want to declare the system is sound because we haven't had one year that matches your scenario?

Why? Is Maryland good? We're pretty chuffed about the turtles beating the shorthorns. Sure it sucks for the conference, but we're not shedding any tears for Mensa or his team.

If Maryland stays healthy, they have talent on their roster. DJ Durkin has a very good recruiter, and Maryland has some athletes. They just don't have the depth yet to sustain injuries (like last year after they beat Texas), and they play in the B1G East, so finishing higher than fourth isn't really realistic right now.

Wexahu

Or lose 1 game, don't play in your conference championship, make sure your colors are crimson and you make the playoffs.

As long as the other teams under consideration have two losses and huge warts on their resume, any team that goes 11-1 will be under serious consideration and probably get in. Ohio State didn't get in once with an 11-1 record because the stars didn't align right. It happens.

4 years of data to pick from, we've already had three controversies, and you want to declare the system is sound because we haven't had one year that matches your scenario?

There hasn't been any controversies. The committee has gotten it right every time. Just because people are angry, doesn't mean it's a controversy.

Edit: Keep in mind Ohio State has been left out TWICE when I felt like they should of been in. The committee still got it right. Last year Alabama proved to be the right choice, just like Ohio State did in 2014.

TxFrog1999

There hasn't been any controversies. The committee has gotten it right every time. Just because people are angry, doesn't mean it's a controversy.
right.gif

Wexahu

Edit: Keep in mind Ohio State has been left out TWICE when I felt like they should of been in. The committee still got it right. Last year Alabama proved to be the right choice, just like Ohio State did in 2014.

No, they shouldn't have. The committee got it right, OSU should have been left out both times. Last year it was almost comical in my opinion that some people thought you guys were playoff worthy.