• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How Utah State embarrassed TCU, sending Horned Frogs home from NCAA tournament

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How Utah State embarrassed TCU, sending Horned Frogs home from NCAA tournament

By Steven Johnson

USATSI_22842052.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS – Dreams of advancing to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament must wait another year after TCU was dispatched 88-72 by Utah State in the first-round matchup on Friday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse.

It was a jarring performance as the Aggies bullied the Horned Frogs in the paint and always had an answer for whatever TCU tried to establish.

“Tonight just wasn’t our night,” coach Jamie Dixon said. “We got off to a good start, but still didn’t feel like we were doing what we needed to do defensively. As the night went on they just continued to get layups and out-execute us. Simply put we were outplayed.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article286996540.html#storylink=cpy

Also at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...d-frogs-home-from-ncaa-tournament/ar-BB1ko7vU

Last edited:

namollec

How is it any kind of embarrassment ?
#8 seed beats #9 seed.
Really ? Embarrassing?

Wishing for a different outcome does not negate all the victories that got us there.
Wishing for a different outcome does not negate the effort and openness to put it all on the court.
Wishing for a different outcome does not help Johnson validate the headline.

TooColdU

How is it any kind of embarrassment ?
#8 seed beats #9 seed.
Really ? Embarrassing?

Wishing for a different outcome does not negate all the victories that got us there.
Wishing for a different outcome does not negate the effort and openness to put it all on the court.
Wishing for a different outcome does not help Johnson validate the headline.
We lost by 16 points even though we were favored by 4

Dogfrog

Wish they had the integrity to just write columns on why they can’t stand TCU. That would be too close to actual journalism. Instead it just lurks cowardly below the surface. Just happy I have no financial investment in their drivel.

An-Cap Frog

Even as a 9-seed, we were favored to win. We play in the Big XII and they don't. We didn't bring the intensity to this first round game like we did in the past two-years. We were tough outs to a very good Gonzaga and very good Arizona team, but this year we were embarrassed by a team that we should have beat. We should have been on the other side of 88-72 score, but we weren't.

Looking forward to Steven's comments after he has time to digest. the entirety of the season. He was previously on the Memphis beat so he should have some good observations in the next week or two.

zfrawg

for me it was "embarrassing" and frustrating enough that I turned it off early in the second half when it became apparent our defense couldn't do anything. worst thing for this team, IMO, was making the first 3 of the game. jacked up too many. when we shoot 3s because we cannot get into the lane, rather than good ball movement alone, we're in trouble.

Brog

for me it was "embarrassing" and frustrating enough that I turned it off early in the second half when it became apparent our defense couldn't do anything. worst thing for this team, IMO, was making the first 3 of the game. jacked up too many. when we shoot 3s because we cannot get into the lane, rather than good ball movement alone, we're in trouble.
Obviously a true Frog fan. Glad you're with us, zfrawg.

TooColdU

In 50 years when you’re 59, you will have a different perspective.
In 50 years, college sports might not even be a thing. This is my argument. You can't just be complacent nowadays becuase we sucked so much in the passed.

The NIT year was fun as hell becuase we've had that perspective. I get it. But 8 years later and we are still getting blown out the first weekend of the March madness tournament...sounds like y'all are the ones that need to keep up with the times.

8 years of Jamie Dixon. We've never had a winning conference record. Y'all are the ones acting like he barely got here and let's just give him all the time in the world because we sucked so much 30-50 years ago.

Dogfrog

In 50 years, college sports might not even be a thing. This is my argument. You can't just be complacent nowadays becuase we sucked so much in the passed.

The NIT year was fun as hell becuase we've had that perspective. I get it. But 8 years later and we are still getting blown out the first weekend of the March madness tournament...sounds like y'all are the ones that need to keep up with the times.

8 years of Jamie Dixon. We've never had a winning conference record. Y'all are the ones acting like he barely got here and let's just give him all the time in the world because we sucked so much 30-50 years ago.
In 2022, we got robbed in regulation and lost in OT vs Arizona in the 2nd round of the NCAA. In 2023 we played in the CF National championship game and also went deep in the CWS. You are either a troll or a nine year old IMHO.