• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How Utah State embarrassed TCU, sending Horned Frogs home from NCAA tournament

TooColdU

In 2022, we got robbed in regulation and lost in OT vs Arizona in the 2nd round of the NCAA. In 2023 we played in the CF National championship game and also went deep in the CWS. You are either a troll or a nine year old IMHO.
I think you're the one trolling since you are talking about other sports. That has nothing to do with our conversation. You need to focus a little.

BleedNPurple

When Cole’s is your high point leader that says it all. Where did our top scorers go? I fell asleep early in the second half. Had a feeling this game was going to suck - team ran out of gas last several weeks ago.

TCUdirtbag

Oh look, the olds are out saying “back in my day!”

It’s 2024 and TCU is one of the biggest spending programs in major college sports. Nobody should give a scheiss how bad we were generations ago - or even 10 years ago. We should be seeing ROI. Like it or not, college sports is a business.

namollec

It’s 2024 and TCU is one of the biggest spending programs in major college sports. Nobody should give a scheiss how bad we were generations ago - or even 10 years ago. We should be seeing ROI. Like it or not, college sports is a business.
The issue in question was "embarrassment".
We lost, but it was not any kind of embarrassment except to the kiddos who like to overreact and use hyperbole.

TCU made it to the NCAA tournament three years in a row for the first time in their history. Complaining about that is ridiculous. Only a delusional idiot would consider this season a failure.

Chongo94

And your point is? I don't understand why that should just shield Dixon from any criticism.
It shouldn’t but who the hell are we gonna get in his stead? That and talk of ROI are vastly premature considering we got way lucky with Dixon being an alum.

Way too many people seem to think TCU is suddenly some sort of basketball Mecca deserving of some reincarnation of John Wooden and he ain’t coming…

Last edited:

06DallasFrog

This shows how little you know about sports. Very Aggie-like.
I think everyone probably needs to consider others’ perspective before trashing them. If you watched us suck for years, this is great. If you potentially contributed money to a collective and watched the team piss away wins and play poor fundamental basketball most of the season, this sucks.

I personally feel like the coaching did nothing to help our team win unless Dixon drew up Nelson Jr crazy three point winning shot play a few times…

froginmn

I think everyone probably needs to consider others’ perspective before trashing them. If you watched us suck for years, this is great.

I personally feel like the coaching did nothing to help our team win unless Dixon drew up Nelson Jr crazy three point winning shot play a few times…
There's some irony here, of course.

I find comedy in people who think you just spend money and get wins, whether they are Aggies or Frogs. That's not how it works.

Success in college sports, and particularly basketball, is a combination of numerous things including how you define success. Conference championship? Tournament appearance? Sweet Sixteen appearance? Great Eight, Final Four, National Championship?

You need good players, the correct makeup of the team, the avoidance of injuries, a great coach who can adjust, and a great home atmosphere. And a coach who won't leave if he has success (see Tech).

But you can win occasionally when just a couple of those things come together. Loyola and several other low seeds are perfect examples. And there are lots of schools heavily invested in basketball who don't get equivalent results. To me, three straight tourney appearances and a couple of wins, plus a Sweet Sixteen that felt taken from us has been a very good result of changes we've made. Creating a better home atmosphere is an achievable way to add a couple wins and increase our seeding in the future.

But if you want "ROI" invest in the market, not college sports.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
TCU made it to the NCAA tournament three years in a row for the first time in their history. Complaining about that is ridiculous. Only a delusional idiot would consider this season a failure.
It is not a failure, but it can't be the consistent state of the program either. Not for our ambitions anyway. And those wouldn't be as high IMHO had we not watched our evil stepbrothers down in Waco win the whole thing. Now we know for a fact it can happen here, they ain't got anything we don't.

CJD probably knows this well. Whether or not he can push it further is unknown.

froginmn

It is not a failure, but it can't be the consistent state of the program either. Not for our ambitions anyway. And those wouldn't be as high IMHO had we not watched our evil stepbrothers down in Waco win the whole thing. Now we know for a fact it can happen here, they ain't got anything we don't.

CJD probably knows this well. Whether or not he can push it further is unknown.
Wut?

They have 12 tournament appearances in 17 years and numerous years as a 3 seed or better, plus a beautiful new arena.

Their history gives them a reputation that benefits them at seeding time.

We're building, but we're not equal to them yet.

06DallasFrog

There's some irony here, of course.

I find comedy in people who think you just spend money and get wins, whether they are Aggies or Frogs. That's not how it works.

Success in college sports, and particularly basketball, is a combination of numerous things including how you define success. Conference championship? Tournament appearance? Sweet Sixteen appearance? Great Eight, Final Four, National Championship?

You need good players, the correct makeup of the team, the avoidance of injuries, a great coach who can adjust, and a great home atmosphere. And a coach who won't leave if he has success (see Tech).

But you can win occasionally when just a couple of those things come together. Loyola and several other low seeds are perfect examples. And there are lots of schools heavily invested in basketball who don't get equivalent results. To me, three straight tourney appearances and a couple of wins, plus a Sweet Sixteen that felt taken from us has been a very good result of changes we've made. Creating a better home atmosphere is an achievable way to add a couple wins and increase our seeding in the future.

But if you want "ROI" invest in the market, not college sports.
So fans should show up to create a better atmosphere. If it works, everyone gets a positive ROI. I’m not speaking specifically about buying players. Donations have been made to improve facilities, increase staff, keep staff, recruit players, etc. All based on an expected result. The difference in opinion of acceptable result is where we are now.

Frogs1983

TCU has been a BB door mat, or afterthought most of my adult life. Dixon has taken the program to heights not seen with any regularity in the history of the program.
I am appreciative the improvement Dixon has brought, but I think he's hit a ceiling on what he can produce here.

About 500 in Conference, beat up on weak non conference teams, get to the tourney occasionally.

froginmn

So fans should show up to create a better atmosphere. If it works, everyone gets a positive ROI. I’m not speaking specifically about buying players. Donations have been made to improve facilities, increase staff, keep staff, recruit players, etc. All based on an expected result. The difference in opinion of acceptable result is where we are now.
And Utah State just lost by 40 to Purdue.

I'm quite sure our fans' assessment of tips season wouldn't have been better if we'd have won game one and then lost by 40.

LVH

And Utah State just lost by 40 to Purdue.

I'm quite sure our fans' assessment of tips season wouldn't have been better if we'd have won game one and then lost by 40.
The tall white dude who fathered us on Friday got whistled for 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes and that was all she wrote

Did he even commit a foul against us?

I’m sure the millions you are giving to NIL will right the ship, tough guy.

Latest posts