• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Here’s how TCU coach Gary Patterson reacted when a heralded freshman dropped a TD pass

Casey T

I thought it has been reported in one of these threads that taj and porter got benched for dropping the ball in practice. Something about cumbie and/or dykes teaching drops in practice = drops in games

HeidelFrog

Lack of playing time for Taj will be a good
? for GP this week. Taj showed big play ability with KH as the QB last year, over 700 yards receiving. His lack of playing time is puzzling.

From my perspective at the game, and it happened right in front of us, Reagor just did what he could with a ball that may have gotten on him faster than he thought it would. I have looked at the replay a couple of times and I stand by that opinion. I do not think there was any intent to showboat.
I'll also say that after watching the game at home this week I think I was a little harder on Kenny than I should have been. he did a decent job. If you mix in a catch/good throw on any of those post routes we might be calling his game outstanding. Oh, well...on to SMU

jake102

I thought it has been reported in one of these threads that taj and porter got benched for dropping the ball in practice. Something about cumbie and/or dykes teaching drops in practice = drops in games

Yeah someone posted that somewhere. I think there is more going on with Taj. Porter has seen the field plenty (caught a TD) but just hasn't seen many targets

McFroggin

Everyone is acting like he dropped a perfect pass that he had two hands on. The kid was running full speed, had to extend with one hand, and worry about keeping his feet in bounds after he secured the ball.

It wasn't an easy catch at all. I for one am more worried about Taj and Porter than I am about Reagor.

He wasn't running full speed. He slowed a bit before the catch. He could have put both hands on the ball, but he never extended the second arm. He was nowhere near out of bounds.

Did you even watch the game?

Temcat Frog

Sometimes, just sometimes, the best a receiver can do is just manage to touch the ball. Some may say if you can touch it then you should catch it, but that is bull stuff. They probably weren't ever a receiver.

HG73

Reagor blew the doors off that SEC corner, went by him like he was standing still. He missed the pass, but I bet he's thinking about that 24/7. Bet he doesn't drop another one.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Taj can't catch, maybe there are other issues but the fact he bobbles everything is enough to not play, I like that there is no grey area with this offensive staff

From my perspective at the game, and it happened right in front of us, Reagor just did what he could with a ball that may have gotten on him faster than he thought it would. I have looked at the replay a couple of times and I stand by that opinion. I do not think there was any intent to showboat.
/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the opinion I expressed in the game thread and have stuck with that opinion. If he had it to do over he would probably take a different approach but I thought it pretty unfair for Gary Danielson to put that label on the effort. If he wasn't such a freak athlete, he wouldn't even have been in position to have made a play on the ball in the first place.

OmniscienceFrog

“It’s dangerous if you don’t throw the post,” he said. “We had a couple of times we needed to do that. We probably needed to back them up a little bit more."

What is Patterson saying here? Is he saying that if you don't throw the post it's dangerous because the defense will start cheating up? His wording confused me.
GP use confusing wording? Naaaaaaaah.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Agree with posts that the throw was a little high and I dont think he saw it till last second and threw an arm up to try and bring it in.

Headline is the FWST's new sports model of digital click bait headlines.

Double V

You guys ever put on a pair of modern-day WR gloves and held a new football? I don't know how the hell they drop anything (unless the ball is wet)!

HToady

Saw him walking across campus Monday morning. He was easy to spot. He had both of his hands taped to a football with duct tape....