• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gary Patterson is working ‘harder than anyone’ to get TCU football back on track

Toad Jones

TCU official said to Drew..Gary working harder than ever to bring back the Frogs. One of three people said that and he works in Justin.

Real translation: It would be hard to buy Gary's contract at the moment esp seeing his contract expires in two years. We're willing to go with it and hope Gary can make us competitive again. In Justin Cntr, I can imagine the flowers that are floating around in the air trying their best to lighten or slow down the Patterson momentum.

For 17 years the TCU administration has had little to no problems with the football program. Basically left it alone and allowed them to focus on other issues w/n the university. So....... What will be the next move if we continue the current course? Be prepared for tax hikes on unmade income, freedoms will disappear and more intense scrutiny on our society. Less money in our pockets and the raise you recv' will disappear to pay for inflation. The Frogs will be clouded with frustration. Corporate tax increase handsomely, therefore less donations to private institutions such as TCU and our kids....will be burdened to pay for all of these fabulous benefits. Sports as a diversion will probably be less important.

happy days people.

Eight

TCU official said to Drew..Gary working harder than ever to bring back the Frogs. One of three people said that and he works in Justin.

Real translation: It would be hard to buy Gary's contract at the moment esp seeing his contract expires in two years. We're willing to go with it and hope Gary can make us competitive again. In Justin Cntr, I can imagine the flowers that are floating around in the air trying their best to lighten or slow down the Patterson momentum.

For 17 years the TCU administration has had little to no problems with the football program. Basically left it alone and allowed them to focus on other issues w/n the university. So....... What will be the next move if we continue the current course? Be prepared for tax hikes on unmade income, freedoms will disappear and more intense scrutiny on our society. Less money in our pockets and the raise you recv' will disappear to pay for inflation. The Frogs will be clouded with frustration. Corporate tax increase handsomely, therefore less donations to private institutions such as TCU and our kids....will be burdened to pay for all of these fabulous benefits. Sports as a diversion will probably be less important.

happy days people.

jilDxwb.gif

nrhfrog

Jeez, how depressing and infuriating.
If this is the attitude at TCU about Gary and our spiraling program.....then TCU is well on its way to permanent oblivion.

This is the kind of attitude that resulted in TCU getting left behind after the SWC broke up in the 90's. I hope this "inside" information is wrong because we will get left behind again....and this time it will be permanent.

If we think we can rely on our so-called "friends" (i.e. the other Big 12 members) who are allegedly holding strong together for each other to keep the Big 12 intact, then we have not learned one damn thing. They'll cut our throats in two seconds if it benefits them. They did it before and they'll do it again.

Having crappy sports programs across the board (praying that the new baseball coach is not part of this trend), is not a good formula for continued P5 participation when the next big re-alignment occurs in 2 years. The timing could not be worse.

GenXFrog

Jeez, how depressing and infuriating.
If this is the attitude at TCU about Gary and our spiraling program.....then TCU is well on its way to permanent oblivion.

This is the kind of attitude that resulted in TCU getting left behind after the SWC broke up in the 90's. I hope this "inside" information is wrong because we will get left behind again....and this time it will be permanent.

If we think we can rely on our so-called "friends" (i.e. the other Big 12 members) who are allegedly holding strong together for each other to keep the Big 12 intact, then we have not learned one damn thing. They'll cut our throats in two seconds if it benefits them. They did it before and they'll do it again.

Having crappy sports programs across the board (praying that the new baseball coach is not part of this trend), is not a good formula for continued P5 participation when the next big re-alignment occurs in 2 years. The timing could not be worse.

If only we had a world class business school to help us figure this business of sports stuff out... Oh, wait.

The TCU Football Jerk

Never mistake activity for achievement

"Phew! I got so much done at work today! I filled my paper clip dispenser, I loaded all sizes of paper into the copier. I cleaned out the coffee maker in the kitchen (man did that need it--nasty!), I collated all the paper work on my desk and got them sorted and put in folders which I then put into hanging files. I cleaned out my email box, deleted a bunch of old voicemails, went to a diversity in the workplace month kickoff meeting this morning, had a great lunch , then in the afternoon I went to an engineering/crossfunctional development project wrap up meeting, then I called Joan at reception to see if she'd found anyone to clean the fridge out yet, then I went to supply and got some tape for my dispenser, got back and realized I needed some pens, went back to supply for those. Man I'm spent! I've been hard at it!"

Moose Stuff

happy days people.
Some of you guys are scheissing weird.

4th. down

Never mistake activity for achievement
So, so fitting. "we need to go about our business and do the things we need to do." His post game and luncheon talks are in the end, much to do about nothing.......and that's what we are seeing on the field of play and I've heard him say in years past, "you are what your record says you are." It's time for a change apologist, even though we are all appreciative of what he's done for the university.

Eight

Can someone explain why cross country isn’t part of track & field? Or is it?

same scholarship pool, often times xc coach does distance coaching duties in indoor and outdoor seasons, and some programs such as northern az basically use all their scholarships to be a xc/ distance power

truthfully, with the scholarship limit of 12.6 for the men's program it is very, very tough for a school that costs what it does at tcu to be competitive in xc unless you make it a priority and/or you throw a bunch of financial aid at the kids

women i believe get 18 so they have a bit more resources. do think this is another sport where nil could make a difference if someone really wanted to make the programs more competitive