• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Before BYU joins Big 12, league must give school a reality check on its racism problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorTexCoug

I think we need to stop using this accusation so flippantly. There is ZERO proof this even happened beyond the one player. Even less that this was allowed, encouraged or condoned by the university even if it did happen sounds like just the opposite, the university did place security to try and find this alleged person without any results. To write anything like this is in the realm of fact is irresponsible and pathetic at best. To say that fans, security, other players, etc would have sat by without doing anything is beyond logical. Hundreds of students at this event, all with cell phones and not one single audio or video? Not one student saying "yeah, I heard it" and plenty of students saying they heard nothing.
There were supposedly 5,500 in attendance at the game and it was no doubt loud in there.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I've nearly been kicked out of LaVell Edwards Stadium a few times because I was using regular profanity, racial slurs would have drawn even more attention and calls for security to remove the offender.
Wow. I am willing to bet they'd never let me in the place if that's the rules...

BleedNPurple

Eight

ae0dcfc5-efd9-45ce-99dc-6e5bb464338a_text.gif

Froglaw

Wait, so one [ profanity ] bag in the stands means a school has a racism problem?

The fact BYU took no action to remove the guy was what originally upset me.

The accusation appears to be false which now really chaps me.

Given BYUs and the LDS church’s racist policies that only ended three decades ago, the story was believable.

Sad that someone was motivated to make up such a damning lie.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

Given BYUs and the LDS church’s racist policies that only ended three decades ago, the story was believable.

It's the society we live in now. I mean you had a "star" on a major television show decide that he needed to pay two dudes to "jump" him and then make up a completely unbelievable story about whites attacking him in Chicago at 2:00 AM when he was walking back from Subway.

And the media bought it without question and put him on a pedestal. Once it was debunked? Yeah, no apologies from anyone, just on to the next "sensational" accusation lacking evidence.

Brog

"The story was believable...." Different people have widely different definitions of what is "believable." You find certain things easily believable. People of a different mind find those things unbelievable. The story is often "believable" to us because we want to believe it. I suspect that you would find any bad story about BYU "believable." Right? Wrong?

fanatical frog

"The story was believable...." Different people have widely different definitions of what is "believable." You find certain things easily believable. People of a different mind find those things unbelievable. The story is often "believable" to us because we want to believe it. I suspect that you would find any bad story about BYU "believable." Right? Wrong?

Nailed it.

Eight

It's the society we live in now. I mean you had a "star" on a major television show decide that he needed to pay two dudes to "jump" him and then make up a completely unbelievable story about whites attacking him in Chicago at 2:00 AM when he was walking back from Subway.

And the media bought it without question and put him on a pedestal. Once it was debunked? Yeah, no apologies from anyone, just on to the next "sensational" accusation lacking evidence.

hey now, it did provided material for dave's bit of comedy genius

Last edited:

RangerUte

During the 1998 Men's Final Four, Utah played North Carolina (and beat them). A black North Carolina player accused white Utah player Britton Johnsen of racist comments. The video showed the UNC player spitting on Johnsen, who was beating him inside, so Rick Majerus, the Utah coach, called out UNC and offered to fly Johnsen to Chapel Hill for a polygraph test. That's how you have to deal with these kinds of false accusations. Could the Duke player have heard something (homonym or homophone-like) which sounded like a racial slur? Possibly.

Reactions: LVH

BYU fan

During the 1998 Men's Final Four, Utah played North Carolina (and beat them). A black North Carolina player accused white Utah player Britton Johnsen of racist comments. The video showed the UNC player spitting on Johnsen, who was beating him inside, so Rick Majerus, the Utah coach, called out UNC and offered to fly Johnsen to Chapel Hill for a polygraph test. That's how you have to deal with these kinds of false accusations. Could the Duke player have heard something (homonym or homophone-like) which sounded like a racial slur? Possibly.
One time? Yeah, she could possibly have misheard something. The fact she said it happened "throughout the match" and got worse in the 4th set is what proves that she just made it up.......aided by her godmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.