• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Before BYU joins Big 12, league must give school a reality check on its racism problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Before BYU joins Big 12, league must give school a reality check on its racism problem

BY Big Steaming Pile

AP16182717638112.jpg

Brett Yormark’s first order of business as commissioner of the Big 12 is to keep the league from imploding, but somewhere on his to-do list must be to have a sit down with incoming member BYU.

The introduction starts with, “Yeah, we’re not doin’ this.”

There is a reason why a school with such a large enrollment (33,500), alumni base, history of athletic success and a healthy amount of T-shirt fans was never asked to join a top athletic conference before the Big 12 reached out last year.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article265035654.html#storylink=cpy

Tshirt Fan

Ah, another BYU fan showing their true colors?

However, great t-shirt fans mention in the article.
Bedrock foundation for college football and bailbondsmen everywhere.

punter9

Oh so Mack is going to go hate on the much larger religiously affiliated fan base now? Great news for us, might be some quiet on TCU from him.

Limp Lizard

Oh so Mack is going to go hate on the much larger religiously affiliated fan base now? Great news for us, might be some quiet on TCU from him.
Nope. Mack is just setting up the guilt-by-association bit. Just setting up the dominos for his next anti-TCU rant.

Diehard

Before BYU joins Big 12, league must give school a reality check on its racism problem

BY Big Steaming Pile

AP16182717638112.jpg

Brett Yormark’s first order of business as commissioner of the Big 12 is to keep the league from imploding, but somewhere on his to-do list must be to have a sit down with incoming member BYU.

The introduction starts with, “Yeah, we’re not doin’ this.”

There is a reason why a school with such a large enrollment (33,500), alumni base, history of athletic success and a healthy amount of T-shirt fans was never asked to join a top athletic conference before the Big 12 reached out last year.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article265035654.html#storylink=cpy
I've read a lot of Mac's BS for years and honestly have not always felt the critics were correct with their attacks. But this is click bait to me.

West Coast Johnny

Anyone go to "The Cricket Game" circa 1988 when crickets swarmed old AGCS? Benches cleared at the end of a TCU victory and I have it on good authority from players that were on the field that the BYU players used racial slurs the entire game.

If the Big 12 had not added the four newcomers last year, I wonder if we would be in the process of merging with the PAC—a total of 18 schools. This merger could have included eliminating Oregon State, Washington State and Kansas State to put the conference at 15 with room to add one, two or three of, San Diego State, UCF and BYU for 16-18 schools with coast-to-coast TV time slots and recruiting.

In hindsight, maybe the Big 12 acted too quickly. @Gary's Shirtless Revenge had stated that the Big 12 did not need to add schools until the summer of 2022 or later. Patience may have brought us to that Power Four and maybe eventually a Power Three with some of the ACC being divided up into the SEC, B1G and new PAC/Big12.

Last edited:

tcudoc

always found it interesting the number of individuals who will post on a link about a mack article that they won't read it and are ignoring him which only continues to push the link to the top of the list
I did not click on the link and I ignore his articles.
However, I would like it noted that this thread was already at the top of the list, so I did nothing to enhance the likelihood of someone reading his article…allegedly.

Eight

If the Big 12 had not added the four newcomers last year, I wonder if we would be in the process of merging with the PAC—a total of 18 teams. This merger could have included, eliminating Oregon State, Washington State and Kansas State to put the conference at 15 with room to add San Diego State or UCF or BYU for 16 teams, or all 3 for a total of 18 with coast-to-coast TV time slots. In hindsight, have the Big 12 acted too quickly. I think @Gary's Shirtless Revenge had stated that the Big 12 did not need add anybody until the summer of 2022 or later.

hmmm....mack and conference realignment theories

all that is missing is tech boosters/facilities and this thread would black out the killerfrogs bingo card

Status
Not open for further replies.