• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Amid such a disappointing season, would TCU move on from either coordinator?

I love how Hoover finished that 26 yard run - boom - a bit of Max in him. He can run and is not afraid of contact. I think Hoover is on a good development track and really like what we hear about his leadership and from him in press conferences. Two more games to see and then I hope we can feel good about him being the 2024 starter. And so far, he has durability which means availability!

Frog Attack II

Our scoring inefficiency comes from a lack of home run capability and the inability to blow anyone off the line of scrimmage at the goal line. How many short yardage situations have we failed at this year? Way too many!

We can keep people off balance and move the ball just fine. But to score up close, you have to dominate the line of scrimmage... Or, score from pretty far out. We have that in spades last year. This year, not so much.

Bruce Berry

Hell half of the people that post on this board were ready to move on from both Gillespie and Briles at half time of the Colorado game.

I was ready on Gllespie after the game. Nothing changed in the second half.

That third and 16 completion from inside their 20-with no pressure from us- sealed it for me. Especially how putrid their offensive line is.

Stop that we win the game and maybe this season is different.

fanatical frog

That's actually one of his smarter decisions IMHO. From what I hear on here we have a pretty bare cupboard after him. Let's not get him hurt.

The cupboard is definitely bare after Josh. But if we want to have a chance to win we're going to have to use all our weapons......otherwise we'll continue to lose......if we're going to lose I don't care if they run one of our linebackers out there at QB.

arlingtonbell

The cupboard is definitely bare after Josh. But if we want to have a chance to win we're going to have to use all our weapons......otherwise we'll continue to lose......if we're going to lose I don't care if they run one of our linebackers out there at QB.
Spike i think you are correct it seems the reason our qbs never actually run in the RPO sets is cuz coaches are afraid of lack of depth at QB and dont want injuries but as others have stated you have to use all of your skillset and you cant worry about the injuries if our QB cant threaten in run game it makes everyone elses job on offense more difficult

Frogfam4

Hasn't happened, so how can we know that?

Y8cwqq.gif
What hasn’t happened?

Spike

Spike i think you are correct it seems the reason our qbs never actually run in the RPO sets is cuz coaches are afraid of lack of depth at QB and dont want injuries but as others have stated you have to use all of your skillset and you cant worry about the injuries if our QB cant threaten in run game it makes everyone elses job on offense more difficult
Can any of your ladies play QB?

Wexahu

Our scoring inefficiency comes from a lack of home run capability and the inability to blow anyone off the line of scrimmage at the goal line. How many short yardage situations have we failed at this year? Way too many!

We can keep people off balance and move the ball just fine. But to score up close, you have to dominate the line of scrimmage... Or, score from pretty far out. We have that in spades last year. This year, not so much.
I agree, but you’re doing it wrong. You’re supposed to blame Briles for everything.

Wexahu

I will be honest, I do not think Morris is a P5 QB. He has some talent, but not at this level. I also get the feeling he is not a very good team guy. I know that I will get bashed on here, but I do know that he was mad last year about the success Max had, He felt he should have been the guy and was very selfish about that whole situation. I understand that competitors will get upset, but when it becomes a selfishness that is not good. Look at him on the sidelines now. He does not look happy or celebrate success with his team. I feel like the team is better with Hoover, he gives credit to others and takes blame when things do not go right.
Haven’t really seen that first hand, but not discounting that either. I would also think it’d be a little harder to be a locker room leader and a guy everyone rallies behind if you’re a rich kid.

06DallasFrog

Haven’t really seen that first hand, but not discounting that either. I would also think it’d be a little harder to be a locker room leader and a guy everyone rallies behind if you’re a rich kid.
He's a coaches son. We just need to get him a lunch pail and take advantage of his high football IQ. Then he'd be someone I'd want my daughter to date.