• The KillerFrogs

FWST: 45 years after the Davis mansion murders, grisly Fort Worth landmark to be leveled

Mean Purple

Bad choice of words.

“If they tear it down, it’ll be like yanking out my heart,” said Craig Ryon, who owned it as Stonegate Mansion."

Mean Purple

Did not know it was a restaurant.
I always thought the house was ugly.

True Story:
I was at a lunch event in Dallas years back. Jeb Bush was speaking. Table next to us had Cullen Davis at it. He was a "minister" or something at that point. He walked by and it was like looking into the eyes of the devil.

denverfrog

When I was in school in the seventies, there was a persistent rumour that Priscilla was a frequent late night visitor to Milton Daniel. It was a little before my time, probably just a legend. Cullen used to come into our restaurant, The River House a lot. Guy gave you the creeps

4 Oaks Frog

Has anyone brought up the TCU connection with Stan Farr? He had been on our basketball team, and he wasn’t Priscilla’s boy friend. He was killed at the mansion that night.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Brog

Has anyone brought up the TCU connection with Stan Farr? He had been on our basketball team, and he wasn’t Priscilla’s boy friend. He was killed at the mansion that night.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!

If you think Stan wasn't Priscilla's "boyfriend," what would you call him, and why do you think he was over at Priscilla's house late that night, and so many other nights? He wasn't shooting baskets.

4 Oaks Frog

If you think Stan wasn't Priscilla's "boyfriend," what would you call him, and why do you think he was over at Priscilla's house late that night, and so many other nights? He wasn't shooting baskets.
Sorry! It was a typo! Stupid auto correct!! I know Stan WAS her boyfriend. I knew them together. I worked for a national health agency at the time, and Stan brought a fundraising project to me. That is how I met him. He introduced Priscilla to me.
His project was the re-opening of Panther Hall with a concert featuring Jerry Lee Lewis. The project was approved, and everything went to a crap from there. It is a crazy, twisted and somewhat scary story, and something I can share in detail at some point, but not now. Let’s just leave it at the fact that Stan wasn’t a very good promoter. Ticket sales were dismal, and not much money was generated. $0 for the charity.
The last time I saw Stan and Priscilla alive was in the upstairs control room at Panther Hall along with Jerry Lee Lewis who was demanding his GD money at the top of his lungs. Stan didn’t have enough to pay the contracted amount. He was depending on ticket sales that didn’t happen. Stan and Priscilla talked in the corner for a while, and when they came back to see Jerry Lee, Priscilla wrote a check for the amount needed. When Jerry Lee asked how he could know that the check was good, she pointed down at the fans not so patiently waiting for the show to start, and said, “Ask them. They’ll all tell you that my checks are always good.” Jerry Lee took the check, the show started and I got the hell out of there!
Like I said, that was the last time I ever saw Stan and Priscilla alive.
A short time later, can’t remember how long, the phone woke me up early one morning with a voice on the other end of the line saying “Cowboy is dead”. I still don’t know who it was that called me. Those were some very strange times.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!

Big Frog II

Sorry! It was a typo! Stupid auto correct!! I know Stan WAS her boyfriend. I knew them together. I worked for a national health agency at the time, and Stan brought a fundraising project to me. That is how I met him. He introduced Priscilla to me.
His project was the re-opening of Panther Hall with a concert featuring Jerry Lee Lewis. The project was approved, and everything went to a crap from there. It is a crazy, twisted and somewhat scary story, and something I can share in detail at some point, but not now. Let’s just leave it at the fact that Stan wasn’t a very good promoter. Ticket sales were dismal, and not much money was generated. $0 for the charity.
The last time I saw Stan and Priscilla alive was in the upstairs control room at Panther Hall along with Jerry Lee Lewis who was demanding his GD money at the top of his lungs. Stan didn’t have enough to pay the contracted amount. He was depending on ticket sales that didn’t happen. Stan and Priscilla talked in the corner for a while, and when they came back to see Jerry Lee, Priscilla wrote a check for the amount needed. When Jerry Lee asked how he could know that the check was good, she pointed down at the fans not so patiently waiting for the show to start, and said, “Ask them. They’ll all tell you that my checks are always good.” Jerry Lee took the check, the show started and I got the hell out of there!
Like I said, that was the last time I ever saw Stan and Priscilla alive.
A short time later, can’t remember how long, the phone woke me up early one morning with a voice on the other end of the line saying “Cowboy is dead”. I still don’t know who it was that called me. Those were some very strange times.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Wow, what a story.

4 Oaks Frog

Wow, what a story.
That’s only a part of the story. That whole concert thing was weird, scary and funny all at the same time. I didn’t hang with those people, but just from that relationship, I could tell there was some weird [ Finebaum ] happening in that house…
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY !
Spit Blood~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Wog68

I was a manager for the BB program and lived next to Stan in Clark. He put on a heck of a party once at a road house west of FW out towards Mineral Wells. The party ended abruptly when the lead guitar player in the house band fired a shot because someone was trying to put a move on his wife who was the "head-line stripper".

The TCU Football Jerk

Read the Gary Cartwright book

51Y3DAlF+9L._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The TCU Football Jerk

I played golf with Phil Burleson (one of Jack Ruby's attorneys). He'd bring Racehorse to,our member/guest tournaments.

Great trial lawyer.

Criminal Defense was simple to him. Gather facts, provide the jury a viable alternative to the Prosecutuon's theory, and hammer on burden of proof at closing.

Racehorse was a master.

Knew a guy that got into a scrape once back in the day and Racehorse got him off. Guy said it was just like you explained. They had some good video of this guy actually breaking into a business and stealing some stuff. Racehorse said they were going to put the guy on the stand and that he was just to deny everything. Prosecution played the video and asked the guy if that was him and he just said, "That's not me." Said he just did that with everything the prosecutor brought up. "You've got the wrong guy, that's not me/ I wasn't there, etc." Said the jury came back with a not guilty. Guy said he was guilty as sin. That was him in the video, the whole works. Said Racehorse just had a way of putting doubt in juries minds.