• The KillerFrogs

Fuente target for LSU OC

MidlandFrog

ESPN is reporting that Tulsa is was very impressed with Tim DeRuyter. They say it is down to him and Garrick McGee. Fuente is listed as a Miles favorite to replace Crowton.

stell91

Does Fuente have any ties to LSU or anything that would cause him to leave?

It's LSU, i don't think it's a matter of "ties." They're a championship-caliber team and if LSU offers then it's not a lateral move, it's a step up. Co-OC at TCU or OC at LSU? Unless he either REALLY loves TCU or REALLY hates LSU I think he leaves if offered.

It seems he wants to leave for more experience (to become a head coach) or ? I think Fuente is out regardless if the team he will be going to is respectable.

And that is ok if his goal is to become a head coach.

If he does leave I hope we are able to add another mastermind coach with recruiting talents.

bayou boh

ESPN is reporting that Tulsa is was very impressed with Tim DeRuyter. They say it is down to him and Garrick McGee. Fuente is listed as a Miles favorite to replace Crowton.
Hey guys just joined the board. I'm an LSU fan and have lurked here for the past few days. Glad you guys pulled out the win against Wisky.

There are no Fuente ties to LSU that I know of, but a few reporters in this area have mentioned his name as a potential candidate. Not sure if any contact has been made, but we did hear that Fuente interviewed for the Clemson OC job. A majority of Tiger fans would love the balanced attack, running back by committee, and his track record of coaching QB's (which we desperately need).

Initially, popular opinion around campus was that Billy Gonzales would be promoted to OC (he is WR coach/"passing game coordinator" now). Word is that Miles will go outside of the program and bring in someone new. Gonzales was quoted Thursday as saying he doesn't plan on being a candidate for our OC job. We expect Miles to start conducting interviews (if he hasn't already) early next week. Some names being tossed around are Steve Kragthorpe, Todd Monken, Doug Nussmeier, Steve Logan, and Fuente. There are so many names being thrown around online that it is tough to put any stock into names.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miles names an OC within the next week or two, but some fans seem to think he will really take his time and explore all candidates and wait until the day after national signing day (Feb 2).

FROGDADDY

Anybody else tired of this Fuente to ________ BS?

Man...if he's this ready to bail then happy trails!

It has nothing to do with him being ready to bail. The guy has no control over whether or not another school chooses to publicize their interest in him as a coaching candidate. For all we know he was offered and turned down the Clemson job. Give the guy a break, if he leaves he leaves and we'll be just fine.

South Texas Frog

It has nothing to do with him being ready to bail. The guy has no control over whether or not another school chooses to publicize their interest in him as a coaching candidate. For all we know he was offered and turned down the Clemson job. Give the guy a break, if he leaves he leaves and we'll be just fine.

You're probably right...just getting tired of the daily Fuente to ___________ rumor mill.

Just seems that maybe he has expressed interest in leaving TCU and schools have picked up on this.

Just sayin...

Froggy Style

You're probably right...just getting tired of the daily Fuente to ___________ rumor mill.

Just seems that maybe he has expressed interest in leaving TCU and schools have picked up on this.

Just sayin...
It "seems" that "maybe" you're getting worked up without having any reason to.

If someone offers me a job with (potentially) more pay that I don't have to share with someone else, I'll probably listen.

Just sayin...

Scarface

Anybody else tired of this Fuente to ________ BS?

Man...if he's this ready to bail then happy trails!

I think I agree with you!

It seems like we may have a coach who feels he has to turn the Rose Bowl victory into a career move opportunity. It's almost like regardless of our success he still hasn't bought into the program completely and now is the perfect time to jump. The Horned Frogs don't deserve this type of atmosphere.

We're the number #2 ranked school in the country, if Fuente leaves it should not automatically be regarded as an advancement.

Besides, now is not really the time to be an offensive coordinator who is trying to sell the spread option. It has worked for TCU up to now, thanks in great part to Andy Dalton, but has began to fail in a lot of other places. A lot of the bigger programs seem to be wanting to go to a more power football NFL style attack where they can take advantage of their bigger and just as fast recruits.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Thought it was funny that Tulsa offers DeRuyter the job but lowballs the offer ($500,000). Not sure what he makes at TAMU but it has to be close to that.

ReedFrawg

Perhaps he just wants a change of scenery for himself or his family? Maybe he wants to not be a "co" coordinator? It seems easy to criticize but I know that I have changed jobs before where people didn't understand the reasons behind it.

South Texas Frog

Thought it was funny that Tulsa offers DeRuyter the job but lowballs the offer ($500,000). Not sure what he makes at TAMU but it has to be close to that.

Wow...Todd Graham was making $1.3MM, no? With oil close to $100/BBL you would think some heavy hitters at Tulsa would open the war chest. :wacko:

Houston Frog

Hey guys just joined the board. I'm an LSU fan and have lurked here for the past few days. Glad you guys pulled out the win against Wisky.

There are no Fuente ties to LSU that I know of, but a few reporters in this area have mentioned his name as a potential candidate. Not sure if any contact has been made, but we did hear that Fuente interviewed for the Clemson OC job. A majority of Tiger fans would love the balanced attack, running back by committee, and his track record of coaching QB's (which we desperately need).

Initially, popular opinion around campus was that Billy Gonzales would be promoted to OC (he is WR coach/"passing game coordinator" now). Word is that Miles will go outside of the program and bring in someone new. Gonzales was quoted Thursday as saying he doesn't plan on being a candidate for our OC job. We expect Miles to start conducting interviews (if he hasn't already) early next week. Some names being tossed around are Steve Kragthorpe, Todd Monken, Doug Nussmeier, Steve Logan, and Fuente. There are so many names being thrown around online that it is tough to put any stock into names.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miles names an OC within the next week or two, but some fans seem to think he will really take his time and explore all candidates and wait until the day after national signing day (Feb 2).

I love Fuente's offense, hope he doesn't leave for another couple years at least. From what I understand, he was an intrical part of Andy's development as a QB.

Personally, I think he's exactly what LSU needs to turn the corner from mid/upper SEC program to upper-SEC program. That offense has had no direction the last couple years.

Latest posts