• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Sooners Big 12 Opener Thread

Eight

Mike Miles is a flat out baller. I want him on the floor as much as possible, he plays to win.

Fuller was having a great game, but unfortunately he took himself out of it with the technical.

Hate to put too much on one game, but this one e re ally hurts us if we want to get to that middle of the B12 pack bubble team area. Need to clean up against KSU, ISU, Ok St and score some upsets up top.

agree, pj just never got back in the flow after the technical and his subsequently sitting down for a bit.

miles showed some range and some moxie.

most frustrating part of the second half was the ball movement stopped for some extended periods and we got doses of a two man game between rj and miles leaving samuel, todd, pearson, and farballo standing with a hand up but no pass

Eight

Sorry if it wasn’t clear, the word “easy” was an inference that it was an opinion that they will be. Reaves and Manek are incredibly efficient scorers and I was impressed with their support players. They are going to be very tough in end of game sequences.

you didn't answer where though, top 10 in the country?

TCUWIN

agree, pj just never got back in the flow after the technical and his subsequently sitting down for a bit.

miles showed some range and some moxie.

most frustrating part of the second half was the ball movement stopped for some extended periods and we got doses of a two man game between rj and miles leaving samuel, todd, pearson, and farballo standing with a hand up but no pass
And defensively, OU would run the pick and roll or two man game and no help from the backside. Guys just standing around. Same on the final rebound. #15 went and got it and we have a guy just watching. Frustrating!

East Coast

Tier 1
There are no expectations for this year. Miles needs tons of minutes. We have a lot of young, raw players. Have to leave it to Jamie to decide which ones to give the most time. Have a feeling it may depend upon the opponent night to night.

Wexahu

Sorry if it wasn’t clear, the word “easy” was an inference that it was an opinion that they will be. Reaves and Manek are incredibly efficient scorers and I was impressed with their support players. They are going to be very tough in end of game sequences.

OU may end up a Top 10 team but they were generally picked to finish 6th or 7th in the B12.

Eight

Yes, in the country. Who says top 10 and mean anything else?

don't see the top 10 attached to ou. think they could be good this year and i agree with moose that there are going to be some teams in the middle of the big 12 standings who are really good, but i didn't see the overall depth or athleticism of some other sides

they have a couple of very good scorers and that is something not everyone can offer. manek had a bit of an off game and reaves was able to carry them, but i am not ready to put them among the best i have seen this year so far.

Rose Bowl

I know this won’t be liked by many but this is a pretty good team. Not Big 12 championship good but a really solid team.

This was a very winnable game except for a couple of lapses defensively. The effort was good but got reliant on the three for awhile and that was a big difference. Mike, RJ, and PJ were awesome but we need more from Easley, FF and Todd.

Eight

I know this won’t be liked by many but this is a pretty good team. Not Big 12 championship good but a really solid team.

This was a very winnable game except for a couple of lapses defensively. The effort was good but got reliant on the three for awhile and that was a big difference. Mike, RJ, and PJ were awesome but we need more from Easley, FF and Todd.

you might get more from todd and ff if they are passed the ball.

do agree that this is a solid team right now and might become a good squad, the challenge is the conference is going to be tough and i am curious how this team will match up against some of the better defensive back courts in the conference

don't see the top 10 attached to ou. think they could be good this year and i agree with moose that there are going to be some teams in the middle of the big 12 standings who are really good, but i didn't see the overall depth or athleticism of some other sides

they have a couple of very good scorers and that is something not everyone can offer. manek had a bit of an off game and reaves was able to carry them, but i am not ready to put them among the best i have seen this year so far.
Yeah it’s early but the way college basketball is these days having two highly efficient scorers with different skill sets you can run your offense through when you need a bucket is gold.

Of the top teams, I have not been super impressed with KU this year so far, TBH. Really didn’t look great against NDSt.

Rose Bowl

Except for KU everyone in the conference is better. Not sure OU is really better but they are strong. Have to finish games out.

Eight

Yeah it’s early but the way college basketball is these days having two highly efficient scorers with different skill sets you can run your offense through when you need a bucket is gold.

Of the top teams, I have not been super impressed with KU this year so far, TBH. Really didn’t look great against NDSt.

agree on kansas and i think right now baylor is the only team in the conference who i have seen play a quality opponent and were consistent in the offense

kansas, tech, wvu, and texas all at times have been very sporadic in their offense and i think that makes them prone to drop a few games.

tech, wvu, and texas are fairly long and athletic which i think on the defensive end makes them tough and will keep them in games