• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Hogs

asleep003

Galloway seems to Like the coaching job Arkie did this year ... as they lost their previous 19 SEC games...2020 won 3, plus played 3 to 3 or less points and competitive in one or 2 others(ie A&M).

Must have read a couple of my recent posts... almost word for word... humm !

bwnorx

Arky leads 20-13 at half. Frogs will give up some big plays and bowl game trickery like Gary loves to do. Frogs catch fire behind Dugan in 2nd half and are able to run the ball well enough to eat away at the clock with a lead. Frogs 44- 37.

Pharm Frog

Arky leads 20-13 at half. Frogs will give up some big plays and bowl game trickery like Gary loves to do. Frogs catch fire behind Dugan in 2nd half and are able to run the ball well enough to eat away at the clock with a lead. Frogs 44- 37.

Wow...31 points in a half. I’ll take it but what a departure from norm that would be.

Diehard

Arkansas my most hated team. From the SWC days. Their two-decade win streak with the worst fans. Still hate them.

Yep, yes, and yes sir! Went to a game in Fayetteville during that sad streak and barley got out alive. The student section actually threw bottles at the band as they left the field after the game. And, if I recall, the governor had to apologies to TCU.The fans were worse than the crazies in Georgia. Got in a fight in the stands as a whole frat descended on us. Six of us! If it had not been for a security guard/cop stepping in, we would have had our butts kicked. Including our wives...Classy! I said I would never go back to Arkansas again and to this day have not. Hope we beat the living crapola out of them. GO FROGS!

OICU812

I think this will be far from the pushover game some of us seem to expect. I keep seeing announcements from their seniors on this year's squad(4 so far) that they are returning for another year. That smells like the new coach has them believing they are on the verge of something good. Also, while obviously and predictably they got their stool pushed in against Bama, they actually looked competitive at the beginning of the game, especially in the line play.

Frogs better come out from the opening bell looking for a fight.

Pharm Frog

I think this will be far from the pushover game some of us seem to expect. I keep seeing announcements from their seniors on this year's squad(4 so far) that they are returning for another year. That smells like the new coach has them believing they are on the verge of something good. Also, while obviously and predictably they got their stool pushed in against Bama, they actually looked competitive at the beginning of the game, especially in the line play.

Frogs better come out from the opening bell looking for a fight.

Anyone who "expects" a pushover game has not been paying attention to the Frogs in quite some time. Not saying it won't happen but to expect it is foolish. Would say the same about almost any team in D1 that we were paired with.

LSU Game Attendee

Anyone who "expects" a pushover game has not been paying attention to the Frogs in quite some time. Not saying it won't happen but to expect it is foolish. Would say the same about almost any team in D1 that we were paired with.
A game in Houston against a B12 opponent is life-and-death important for Arkansas. This game is almost as important for the pigs as it is for fragile-ego Aggies!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Yep, yes, and yes sir! Went to a game in Fayetteville during that sad streak and barley got out alive. The student section actually threw bottles at the band as they left the field after the game. And, if I recall, the governor had to apologies to TCU. The fans were worse than the crazies in Georgia. Got in a fight in the stands as a whole frat descended on us. Six of us! If it had not been for a security guard/cop stepping in, we would have had our butts kicked. Including our wives...Classy! I said I would never go back to Arkansas again and to this day have not. Hope we beat the living crapola out of them. GO FROGS!
It was in that same time frame that the Texas Longhorn band director said he would not be taking his kids to Arkansas ever again. They were pelted with bottles and cans, and the usual Arkie BS. One of our trombone players had worked all summer to buy himself a very nice new horn. A rock came flying out of their crowd and hit it, leaving a huge dent in t he bell. I have no respect for those scumbags.

gohogs14

It was in that same time frame that the Texas Longhorn band director said he would not be taking his kids to Arkansas ever again. They were pelted with bottles and cans, and the usual Arkie BS. One of our trombone players had worked all summer to buy himself a very nice new horn. A rock came flying out of their crowd and hit it, leaving a huge dent in t he bell. I have no respect for those scumbags.

Northwest Arkansas has so many transplants now that I think most of those incidents are more likely to occur at the few games we play in Little Rock now. LR seems to attract the more obnoxious and redneck fans and there are fights at those games pretty often it seems. Heck, pretty sure more than 50% of our student body is from Texas now.

The generation of fans who hated Texas is getting fewer than it used be. Longhorn fans can probably get gas now without worrying about getting their tires slashed lol.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Yep, yes, and yes sir! Went to a game in Fayetteville during that sad streak and barley got out alive. The student section actually threw bottles at the band as they left the field after the game. And, if I recall, the governor had to apologies to TCU.The fans were worse than the crazies in Georgia. Got in a fight in the stands as a whole frat descended on us. Six of us! If it had not been for a security guard/cop stepping in, we would have had our butts kicked. Including our wives...Classy! I said I would never go back to Arkansas again and to this day have not. Hope we beat the living crapola out of them. GO FROGS!
Yes I remember that. I believe another time the band left before the end of the game to avoid trouble.

CountryFrog

Yea I've never understood the urge for some to always give a weekly reminder to everyone about how this week's opponent won't be a pushover.

First of all - no [ Finebaum ].

Second of all - You're talking to the wrong people. Our level of focus and respect for the upcoming opponent would seem to have very little to do with the ultimate outcome of the game.