• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

NewFrogFan

Need a new SS bad. Taylor needs to spend all summer and fall taking grounders and working on speed. He’s awful at 3B. 2-3 hours a day of grounders

Hill, Ridings and Savage were remarkably choke’erific. If they never make a CWS they can remember this game.

But Schloss decision to not pitch Green in the most important moment of the season (by far), was mind numbingly dumb

Check recruits, we sat by them first game.

Moose Stuff

Why save Green for a relief appearance he may never see? I have no idea which pitcher matches up best, but I would hope its someone that can give some innings not like the 7th last night.

You bring in your best reliever when the game is on the line regardless of what inning it is. There is no other acceptable answer. For those who disagree…. The number one team in the country brought in their SEC Pitcher of the Year closer against NJIT in the 4th inning Friday.

Moose Stuff

Need a new SS bad. Taylor needs to spend all summer and fall taking grounders and working on speed. He’s awful at 3B. 2-3 hours a day of grounders

Hill, Ridings and Savage were remarkably choke’erific. If they never make a CWS they can remember this game.

But Schloss decision to not pitch Green in the most important moment of the season (by far), was mind numbingly dumb

“Awful” is a very harsh assessment of Taylor’s defense at 3B.

jake102

Is it? Feel like he’s consistently the worst 3B against every team we play. I think his potential is there, he’s very smooth when he makes the play. But the last few weeks have been an error fest or the inability to get to balls.

Pharm Frog

I'd go with "very far from being good". That said, I don't think it's his position. I think we shoehorned him in there. But I know of no other way to describe it when you have 12 errors and a .925 fielding percentage and a good number of those errors have been highly consequential.

Purp

You bring in your best reliever when the game is on the line regardless of what inning it is. There is no other acceptable answer. For those who disagree…. The number one team in the country brought in their SEC Pitcher of the Year closer against NJIT in the 4th inning Friday.
And that move likely kept them out of the losers' bracket.

Punter1

Is it? Feel like he’s consistently the worst 3B against every team we play. I think his potential is there, he’s very smooth when he makes the play. But the last few weeks have been an error fest or the inability to get to balls.

Maybe not awful but inconsistent.

I and many others have been calling for him to play SS for a while now, especially given Sacco not being great defensively either.

But Schloss and Bill M love them some Sacco...they even let him bat in the 9th when they had a guy with a batting average 100 points higher sitting on the bench.

It's mind-boggling that we have three experienced coaches in the dugout who thought Sacco instead of Shep was a good idea...

Eight

If my ass were a hole in the ground then where the hell is the rest of me? Have I been buried alive but my killer was too lazy to put enough dirt on me so my ass is still showing? Have I been chopped to pieces and my ass was thrown out the door?

I guess if I were having trouble telling the difference then I've probably got much bigger problems than being able to identify my own ass.

based upon your proclivity for consuming mashed gourd for breakfast foods aside for being a collectible on steel's mantle i am not sure any part of your digestive tract would be salvageable and should be buried in the ground

MadFrog

It is the same kind of stuff we have had all year. I think the ultimate was when Schloss let Socco bat in the 9th. ANYBODY on the bench was a better choice. I can see holding Green , but when they cut the lead to 2 and had the bases were loaded in the 7th, you HAVE to use your best. You can't hope some freshman will do the job. Your lead was down to 2 and your pitchers looked scared to death. I was real surprised River did not pitch his usual stuff. Oh yes, I would never have replaced Boyers with Nunez. Boyers has finally started to hit. I don/t think Nunez would have made that catch against the wall like Boyers did.

Dogfrog

Decent chance it was the asshat who was screaming at him to just leave for A&M right now.

I drink beer at the games but there are small pockets of very drunk and extremely annoying individuals at the games now. Especially big weekend night games in the late innings.