• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Pharm Frog

I’ve said he would be my first call if Schloss left. It would surprise me if our AD agrees with me and it would surprise me even more if Heefner took the job. I’m not saying it won’t happen, but he is VERY content at DBU. That’s a fact.

He should have been Ag’s second call after Tadlock. He’s obviously been my first choice and like you I fully expect the easy button hire when it comes but I do think Heefner might listen more than some expect.

MTfrog5

Great points....especially about Nunez.

What do all MLB teams do late with their outfield alignment with runners on in close games...play deep, "no doubles" alignment. We got Nunez playing in the wrong spot...by 20 yards.

Baseball is a slow game but it seems to move tooooooo fast for our coaching staff....
And Boyers I think has earned his spot in center to not be taken out for a defensive replacement...

CountryFrog

100%. You bring in Green instead of River. And don’t even get me started on what he did next. Anyone attempting to deflect blame from the guy in charge doesn’t know their ass from a hole in the ground. Like I said…. Unforgivably bad.
If my ass were a hole in the ground then where the hell is the rest of me? Have I been buried alive but my killer was too lazy to put enough dirt on me so my ass is still showing? Have I been chopped to pieces and my ass was thrown out the door?

I guess if I were having trouble telling the difference then I've probably got much bigger problems than being able to identify my own ass.

Moose Stuff

He should have been Ag’s second call after Tadlock. He’s obviously been my first choice and like you I fully expect the easy button hire when it comes but I do think Heefner might listen more than some expect.

Oh I think he would definitely listen. I just think he’s more likely to say no than yes. I would love to be wrong, it’s a home run hire. I think the perceived “easy” hire has potential mistake written all over it personally.

Moose Stuff

If my ass were a hole in the ground then where the hell is the rest of me? Have I been buried alive but my killer was too lazy to put enough dirt on me so my ass is still showing? Have I been chopped to pieces and my ass was thrown out the door?

I guess if I were having trouble telling the difference then I've probably got much bigger problems than being able to identify my own ass.

See, you’re ass ISN’T a hole in the ground, you just wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. That’s where you’re problem would start.

Punter1

Yes. I’m not at all convinced the guy many people think is the logical successor is the right hire. Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t, but it’s far from a given that it works. Just my opinion.

I agree...and I think the fact Heefner doesn't have to move and change schools for any if his 5 kids would give us a huge leg up in bringing him over.

Not stalking but kinda...his bio says he lives in Cedar Hill.

Pharm Frog

I’m just speculating based on how happy he is at DBU. I have zero direct knowledge of what he might do.

I know what some DBU people are worried about. That’s all I know. But I figure that if it’s gonna happen it’s gonna happen before next season. After that he’s staying for at least three more years.

Oh I think he would definitely listen. I just think he’s more likely to say no than yes. I would love to be wrong, it’s a home run hire. I think the perceived “easy” hire has potential mistake written all over it personally.
I'd trust your judgment on that. I wish I had confidence we wouldn't do easy but I honestly don't. The sense of urgency that I felt with CDC as the AD just doesn't seem to be there right now. Picking an in-house assistant that everyone is already familiar and comfortable with over going out and getting an established head coach seems like it would be the reflexive course of action right now.