• The KillerFrogs

Fire that mother scheisser Briles NOW

HornFrogger

It's Sunday morning so I say AMEN to firing him.

Can I get another AMEN ?
OC - sure
DC - I’d be okay with it. I’d also be okay with seeing what he could do if his squad wasn’t on the field 60+% of the game with some support from the offense.
HC - Although I didn’t like the hire, I think he deserves a shot at untangling the mess he’s in. SD’s an offensive/qb guru, right? I’d like to see him get involved in play calling and less lost in chewing refs’ asses.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It will be interesting to see how The New Kid develops during a week of taking snaps from the 1st Team. Watching the Spring Show, I felt he was better at moving the team and had a crisper pace and rhythm. We shall see...

Those of us who never wanted the stink of Briles in our program noted that, if was indeed going to be rammed down our throats (as he was) then he had better be damned good at what he does. He isn't. And it is appearing that he is just plain inept at his job and unable to do the very basics needed to produce a competent and efficient unit. We are at 2013 level bad, and sinking.

TAINTed frog

I’ve been defending Morris, but he just isn’t good. We don’t have a QB. And without a good one it’s really hard to win games. The coaches deserve blame for not having a capable QB on the roster but I’m willing to give them time to recruit and find one.

We made the national championship game last year. The calls for Dykes to be fired are so delusional/asinine/absurd it’s comical. Get a grip.

Cougar/Frog

I’ve been defending Morris, but he just isn’t good. We don’t have a QB. And without a good one it’s really hard to win games. The coaches deserve blame for not having a capable QB on the roster but I’m willing to give them time to recruit and find one.

We made the national championship game last year. The calls for Dykes to be fired are so delusional/asinine/absurd it’s comical. Get a grip.

I have never been a Morris fan. He just lacks the intangibles.

It will be interesting to see how The New Kid develops during a week of taking snaps from the 1st Team. Watching the Spring Show, I felt he was better at moving the team and had a crisper pace and rhythm. We shall see...

Those of us who never wanted the stink of Briles in our program noted that, if was indeed going to be rammed down our throats (as he was) then he had better be damned good at what he does. He isn't. And it is appearing that he is just plain inept at his job and unable to do the very basics needed to produce a competent and efficient unit. We are at 2013 level bad, and sinking.
Came away with the same conclusion on Hoover too, and he’s quite accurate. It looks like we have some sort of resemblance to deep pass abilities that is offense desperately needs, but expect some growing pains here.

Weakness on this offense is about to be RB, if Bailey goes down.

As for Briles, I was for giving him a chance, I trusted SD to do his due diligence on him..instead it’s starting to look like “friends hiring friends”….

4 Oaks Frog

Yep. That's what I said after last week when the apologists pointed out that we had lost two games by field goals a piece and only won most of our games last year by as much.

Not all close games are made alike. Some you're in close because you fight to be in them, some you're in because you botch your way down into them. Last year we did the former. This year we've done the latter against some flawed teams.

Lord, have mercy; what will the teams we have left on our schedule do to TCU? This team is hot garbage. And it's not for lack of talent.

I'll bet Emani Bailey's phone is lighting up with calls from area codes that map interestingly onto the locations of Big Ten and SEC programs that are short of ground yardage.
Boy! Alabama sure could use him…

tyler durden

Tyler Durden

It’s 2023, just buy a good QB. I thought Sonny was supposed to be good at this part.

Diehard

Arizona State in on their 3rd string QB and they should have beaten Colorado last night. The kid is a gamer and passed for 335 yards. Just saying some are practice players and some are game players. There is only one way to find out which a QB is. Lets just see how Hoover does running with the first team.

It’s 2023, just buy a good QB. I thought Sonny was supposed to be good at this part.
Imagine you are a high level QB in the transfer portal and you look at this situation:

A team that made it to the cfp the year before wants you to join their team. The QB who is leaving was a Heisman finalist—but according to the coaches, he was the second best QB on the team, and the guy that’s supposedly better than him has three years of eligibility left.

Is that a very attractive situation for a top level QB?

If I’m recruiting against TCU, this is great ammunition.

Boomhauer

Imagine you are a high level QB in the transfer portal and you look at this situation:

A team that made it to the cfp the year before wants you to join their team. The QB who is leaving was a Heisman finalist—but according to the coaches, he was the second best QB on the team, and the guy that’s supposedly better than him has three years of eligibility left.

Is that a very attractive situation for a top level QB?

If I’m recruiting against TCU, this is great ammunition.

Agree, not a good situation. Whose fault is it for starting Morris over Max to begin with? And signaling he’s our QB of the future to all transfers.

Agree, not a good situation. Whose fault is it for starting Morris over Max to begin with? And signaling he’s our QB of the future to all transfers.
That’s clearly on Sonny. He grossly overestimated Morris. I’m not convinced that’s an unforgivable offense, though. CFB history is littered with QBs that coaches hung on to for too long. Now if it becomes a pattern for Dykes?

Virginia Frog

Next year, we won't have Morris as the starter...since the TCU coaches' evaluation is that he's ready for the NFL...NOT!:p:(

Last edited:

Boomhauer

That’s clearly on Sonny. He grossly overestimated Morris. I’m not convinced that’s an unforgivable offense, though. CFB history is littered with QBs that coaches hung on to for too long. Now if it becomes a pattern for Dykes?

For sure, had to think there was some bias there in the decision making process due to coaching relationships.