• The KillerFrogs

Finally got a line

roddog

Banned
tough pick, i think this one is going to be a shootout, i like whisky min 35 though! and houston is a 3 point fav over ucla :blink:

jake102

I'm with you on Houston being a favorite in that UCLA game... I don't know much about UcLA but I know Keenum hasn't played in a year and Houston is over rated

Deep Purple

tough pick, i think this one is going to be a shootout
You know more about betting lines than me, but even if this is a much closer game than last year, I'm not convinced it will be that close. If I were a betting man, I'd be tempted to take TCU -6. There would have to be a substantial turnaround in football fortunes between TCU and Baylor to result in a 3-TD point swing in the outcome.

Or am I not reading the line correctly?

roddog

Banned
Or am I not reading the line correctly?
[/size]

the total has nothing to do with the spread, i have no clue who will win this game, if i had to bet on the line i would take tcu minus 6, but i like the total to go over 56half, i think baylor will score some points and so will tcu, i think the team with the ball last will win

but then again this might be 14 0 final, thats why they call it betting and not winning!

SnoSki

The only way I see the over on 56 is if Casey Pachall comes out looking like a Heisman candidate on day one. I don't see Baylor putting up more than 20 and us winning by less than 6... so call it 36-21?

jake102

I think if it's the over, TCU loses and obviously doesn't cover the spread. Think you've got to go TCU and the under, or Not Cover and the over. A little bit flawed because higher total points would lend itself to a higher probability of a wider margin, but that's how I see it.

Punter1

56 is stupid high....they are saying both teams will score a ton...and I don't see it....I LOOOOVE the under....If it goes over 45 Id be shocked.

Punter1

56 is stupid high....they are saying both teams will score a ton...and I don't see it....I LOOOOVE the under....If it goes over 45 Id be shocked.

SnoSki

You say it is not likely to be over, yet you predict 57 points?

I think it will be under. I was just trying to visualize what an over (57+) would look like on the scoreboard.. trying to see what vegas is thinking since they try to put it right in the middle.

36-21 is too hard for me to imagine, I def like the under.

InterestedObserver

This spread really shocks me. I would have thought TCU would have been favored by 10-14 points. Makes you wonder what Vegas knows that the rest of us don't. I guess it's the result of TCU losing so many players from last years teams.

I don't bet on games, but this one sure looks tempting.

Houston Frog

This spread really shocks me. I would have thought TCU would have been favored by 10-14 points. Makes you wonder what Vegas knows that the rest of us don't. I guess it's the result of TCU losing so many players from last years teams.

I don't bet on games, but this one sure looks tempting.

It started off at 10 and then shot down to 6.5 almost immediately. Made me wonder if the "sharps" knew something we don't, or if they're just basing it on returning starters and what not.

TCU and the under seems like the totally obvious play to me, but when something seems obvious to you in regards to gambling, it usually means you're wrong.

Latest posts