• The KillerFrogs

Faith in Donati?

Pharm Frog

And based on the way it’s been going with volleyball very little urgency to upgrade.

Ain’t that the truth. FWIW…there are only two VB teams in the conference with winning records in conference play. I think 5 teams are 3-5 and then there’s TCU at 2-6. In arguably the worst top-to-bottom conference in the history of the Big12, TCU occupies the cellar (and it’s actually an improvement on the abomination of last season). Ridiculous laissez faire attitude by JD.

So if the question is if I have faith in JD, the answer is fully YES. I have ultimate faith that he won’t do squat.

froginaustin

My advice to the powers that be. Have a come to Jesus meeting with Gary. Ask him to release his assistants and start over with a new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. Let those new coordinators be totally involved in hiring the new staff. Hire a dedicated Special Team's coach. If he can't agree to these changes, it's time to thank him for all he has done and move on. We are getting old and stale. Otherwise the few season ticket holders left will have the choice of any seat in the stadium.

Just like what UTx did for/to Tom Herman.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Brian interviewed him during the game. He had nothing bad to say. Whistling past the graveyard. He thinks all the listeners are stupid apparently

NewFrogFan

i'm not a fan of donati but let's see what he does with the program. lately he has been all smiles passing through the club and suites.
Sure have not EVER seen him in lot 4 before ANY game. A tailgate covering 8 parking spots and 110 inches of TV’s kind of hard to miss. Danny Morrison and CDC made it by several times. Just sayin…..better hurry, this might be last year!

NewFrogFan

Hell, I saw CDC out in Lot 13 a few times:

Before I ever saw CDC in a parking lot once, I emailed him over a problem we had out in Lot 4. I told him that the people all around him in whatever suite he was in for the game would always be there regardless of who has his job. The people all around our parking spots, not so much, if said problem persisted. (More open spots in lot 4 this year than ever). When I first met Danny Morrison cruising tailgates before the game, when he finished talking I wanted to ask, how much money do you need again?‍♂️ The very next game I see CDC walking straight to our spot, he walks up to me and extends his hand……..Regardless of what CDC is doing now, my experience with him was he ALWAYS called or emailed.
Donati…..not so much, I hope he saw the samething I saw in lot 4 and the stands for WVU, on a almost PERFECT day for football.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Since it's evidently Dump on Donati Day here at the Frog Fan Forum, may I remind you all that 1.) Donati plays everything close to the vest. The only information he lets out is carefully crafted and precise. We'll never know what he's thinking or doing until he wants us, and everybody else, to know. 2.) He's heard, and probably noticed the slowly unfolding trainwreck that this Frog team has turned into. He likely has certain performance tripwires carefully defined, and losing this last Saturday in such ghastly fashion was probably a big one. I am willing to bet a dollar that there are somber meetings this morning at the Athletics Department offices. 3.) This is a big test for him, and he knows it. I expect him to move with assurance and determination when the time comes to do so. It is moments like this one that define your career in a job like his.

flyfishingfrog

Since it's evidently Dump on Donati Day here at the Frog Fan Forum, may I remind you all that 1.) Donati plays everything close to the vest. The only information he lets out is carefully crafted and precise. We'll never know what he's thinking or doing until he wants us, and everybody else, to know. 2.) He's heard, and probably noticed the slowly unfolding trainwreck that this Frog team has turned into. He likely has certain performance tripwires carefully defined, and losing this last Saturday in such ghastly fashion was probably a big one. I am willing to bet a dollar that there are somber meetings this morning at the Athletics Department offices. 3.) This is a big test for him, and he knows it. I expect him to move with assurance and determination when the time comes to do so. It is moments like this one that define your career in a job like his.
ok Mrs Donati......all facts to date to the contrary, let's hope you are correct and he suddenly demonstrates a level of competence we have not seen to date with HC level decisions...

6Frog6

Good summary on Donati from your perspective. I wonder what his "tripwires" are. Clearly, the program is on a downward slide as is basketball. I guess we'll see his leadership unfold or not.

Big Frog II

Donati runs his office typical of an attorney. He gives away no details until he has to. So far his big test has been baseball coach, he passed by selecting the right one. Next test will be what to do with football this off season. It's our cash cow, the thing that gets most noticed around the country. Something must be done before it's too late. We had a decrease in season ticket sales from 2019 by a large amount. However if things remain the same we will look back fondly on 2021 as a banner year for ticket sales because people are going to not pay these prices to watch mediocre football anymore.

So Donati, the ball is in your court so to speak. Oh, and get around to the parking lots occasionally and mix it up with the people. They will feel appreciated.

flyfishingfrog

Donati runs his office typical of an attorney. He gives away no details until he has to. So far his big test has been baseball coach, he passed by selecting the right one. Next test will be what to do with football this off season. It's our cash cow, the thing that gets most noticed around the country. Something must be done before it's too late. We had a decrease in season ticket sales from 2019 by a large amount. However if things remain the same we will look back fondly on 2021 as a banner year for ticket sales because people are going to not pay these prices to watch mediocre football anymore.

So Donati, the ball is in your court so to speak. Oh, and get around to the parking lots occasionally and mix it up with the people. They will feel appreciated.
if you think selecting Saarloos in the fashion that it occurred showed he passed the test - then you obviously don't actually know what happened...

NewFrogFan

What you said and what I tried to imply are no where close to related. Donati is not as connected to average fans as the last two guys were. He is a TCU salesman, whether he wants that job or not. For whatever reason, there is a significant drop in interest of TCU football, if I were him I would be out listening to the REMAINING customers. YMMV.