• The KillerFrogs

Faith in Donati?

HToady

When I was a young guy rising in the Corporate ranks, I had a boss once tell me, "I'm going to make you the titular head of this project". Not knowing what that entailed I went a looked up titular in the dictionary. It means, "in title only, having no duties or responsibilities"!

I think the same applies here.....

Big Frog II

My advice to the powers that be. Have a come to Jesus meeting with Gary. Ask him to release his assistants and start over with a new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. Let those new coordinators be totally involved in hiring the new staff. Hire a dedicated Special Team's coach. If he can't agree to these changes, it's time to thank him for all he has done and move on. We are getting old and stale. Otherwise the few season ticket holders left will have the choice of any seat in the stadium.

tcufootballjh98

My advice to the powers that be. Have a come to Jesus meeting with Gary. Ask him to release his assistants and start over with a new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. Let those new coordinators be totally involved in hiring the new staff. Hire a dedicated Special Team's coach. If he can't agree to these changes, it's time to thank him for all he has done and move on. We are getting old and stale. Otherwise the few season ticket holders left will have the choice of any seat in the stadium.

Exactly. Wouldn’t mind keeping Gary if he were to give up control of the defense to a elite d-coordinator. Take on a traditional head coaching role. I doubt he would agree to that, but it needs to happen

CM Frog

Our AD needs to hand Gary termination papers for most of his assistants with blanks for his signature, a resignation letter with same, then tell him to choose which.

I could see CDC having the gumption to do it; I can't see Donati doing it.
CDC was here when Gary and others were winning. However he had nothing to do with the wins and losses in their columns

Frogs1983

Why do you dreamers keep thinking Patterson will ever agree to this type of arrangement? Not ever going to happen!

TK2000

Donati has peaked from a career standpoint. He was basically pushed into the job by GP, Scholss and Dixon. The only way he could really make a name for himself is rebuilding our football program to top 10 status with a good new hire.
Problem is he’s too buddy buddy with GP and most likely will ride the Titanic to the sea floor with him. Gary deserves our respect as a TCU legend, but the time has come for him to exit with grace.

Fiscuits

Same way CDC is an empty suit at Texas. He had very little say in firing Herman, hiring Sark, or leaving for the SEC. It’s that way pretty much everywhere.
This is inaccurate. I work directly with the Texas athletic department almost every day. Every AD has behind the scenes “people” that have financial influence,,,but I assure you CDC is not an empty suit and his fingerprints are all over the Sark hire and SEC.

Moose Stuff

This is inaccurate. I work directly with the Texas athletic department almost every day. Every AD has behind the scenes “people” that have financial influence,,,but I assure you CDC is not an empty suit and his fingerprints are all over the Sark hire and SEC.
I know people that get paid a lot of money to work at UT that say differently. I’m not saying he wasn’t involved. I’m saying it was happening whether he wanted it to or not.

Moose Stuff

The powers that be at TCU just wanted to be in the Big 12 and seen as big time. The stadium makes us seem big time, but they have done little else to actually do what it takes to WIN the Big 12 in any sport.
That might be a bit harsh. I mean we’ve won the big 12 in multiple sports and have some of the highest paid coaches in the country playing in pretty damn nice facilities.

Latest posts