• The KillerFrogs

"Everybody wants to win by 30 points....

Limp Lizard

even I do."  GP at todays B12 teleconference. :eek:hmy:

He said the point behind the win by one is you find a way to win even when you are not playing well.

TronCarter

The game easily could have been 35-0 or something of that ilk had we not decided that KU is our favorite team to turn the ball over against.

mc1502

I don't think everyone wants to win by 30; most just don't want an offense rated in the lowest 5th percentile nationally.    We've become the poster child to illustrate how great other schools defenses are.    Several times I've heard an announcer state how great another team's defense was, and then support their statement by telling how they shut us down.   We're getting the national publicity we always wanted, but in a bad way. 

SnoSki

TronCarter said:
The game easily could have been 35-0 or something of that ilk had we not decided that KU is our favorite team to turn the ball over against.
Better Kansas than Baylor. If we give Baylor 5 turnovers that is probably 3 free TDs at best.

abell2do

It's not what I've seen as much as I believe. I hope the team believes they can win the remaining games. This offense is closer than most people think. I'm aware of the mistakes, but I think they are starting to come together. A solid win this weekend could easily give them the confidence needed to get them on the right track.

Limp Lizard

As far as turnovers, that is really the only thing that stopped us and kept Kansas in the game.  That's 5 blown opportunities to score.  And 17 points by Kansas were performed by a total offensive output of 33 yards!

Turnovers are bad, I don't know anybody who can deny that.  Remember Baylor turned the ball over to us 6 times and lost by lost by a total of 28 points.  So yeah, turnovers are usually the quickest way to lose a game.

But so far turnovers have not been that big a problem this year.  We lost 6 total the first 5 games and 5 in this one game.  A lack in concentration there.  Of course if we turn the ball over 5 times we will lose big to Baylor.  And if Baylor turns over the ball to us 5 times and we don't, then we win big. KSU basically lost to Baylor due to turnovers.

Limp Lizard

MagicFrog said:
I think we can beat ISU, UT, OSU, and WVU.  
KSU is not that great this year, and we know what we can do against Baylor, so we can beat ISU, UT, OSU, WVU, KSU and Baylor.  Whether or not we will is another matter.

Same thing every year: "if we play against X the way we played against Y we will get killed."  Every damn year. :mad:  Do you guys just cut and past from past years?  I could probably do that with my Williamson rants, I'll admit.

tcujsauce

abell2do said:
It's not what I've seen as much as I believe. I hope the team believes they can win the remaining games. This offense is closer than most people think. I'm aware of the mistakes, but I think they are starting to come together. A solid win this weekend could easily give them the confidence needed to get them on the right track.
I wish I could believe with you, but this team is not disciplined enough to pull that off. Would love to be proved wrong obviously.

bsquared63

TCU J-Sauce said:
I wish I could believe with you, but this team is not disciplined enough to pull that off. Would love to be proved wrong obviously.
It could happen.  I think its about 80% chance of losing at least 1...20% chance of winning out.

If Patterson wants to win by 30, he should stop saying Win By 1. 

I understand the nitty gritty reasoning, but it's asinine.  Our team plays like they want to Win By 1   Very small margin of error, there. 

cdsfrog

6-6 or 7-5 I think

We win at ISU and beat WVU at home.

@OSU, UT, @KState, Baylor are tossups. I think we win at least 1, possibly 2.

If we miraculously turn it around maybe more but there are just too many problems on this team

Boykin is bad on 3rd down, WRs are poorly coached and executed bad individually, worst oline in the big 12, bad playcalling, TEs arent being used again as always, and probably more stuff.

Ron Swanson

MagicFrog said:
I think we can beat ISU, UT, OSU, and WVU.  

We can beat or lose to any team left on the schedule.

Limp Lizard said:
As far as turnovers, that is really the only thing that stopped us and kept Kansas in the game.  That's 5 blown opportunities to score.  And 17 points by Kansas were performed by a total offensive output of 33 yards!

Turnovers are bad, I don't know anybody who can deny that.  Remember Baylor turned the ball over to us 6 times and lost by lost by a total of 28 points.  So yeah, turnovers are usually the quickest way to lose a game.

But so far turnovers have not been that big a problem this year.  We lost 6 total the first 5 games and 5 in this one game.  A lack in concentration there.  Of course if we turn the ball over 5 times we will lose big to Baylor.  And if Baylor turns over the ball to us 5 times and we don't, then we win big. KSU basically lost to Baylor due to turnovers.

The difference between the TCU turnoevers against Kansas and the Baylor turnovers against TCU is that TCU forced the turnovers against Baylor by getting in their face and forcing them to throw into coverage or making excellent plays on the ball.

Our turnovers against Kansas were a result of miscommunication, sloppy play, and bad luck.

No excuse for that crap.

I'm With The Band said:
If Patterson wants to win by 30, he should stop saying Win By 1. 

I understand the nitty gritty reasoning, but it's asinine.  Our team plays like they want to Win By 1   Very small margin of error, there. 

The thing is, them playing "like they want to win by 1" has absolutely zero to do with Gary saying "we just need to win by 1" and everything to do with the fact that we're not that good at football right now.  If Gary never uttered the phrase, nothing at all would change.  Gary said the same thing in 2009 and 2010, but it didn't matter, we still beat the dogpiss out of everyone.  You know why?  We were good at football.