• The KillerFrogs

Dwight Smith says...

MCFROG III

Depends on the circumstances. If not qualified out of HS generally need a 2 yr to go Div1. Smith qualifed so can re-enroll if meets school requirements. Carter also was able to qualify if he met certain course requirements because he had the GPA and ACT scores.

Smith has been at TCU for "two" years. He's had to have accumulated some good credit hours since he was supposedly just a little short. It seems he wouldn't have to secure 12-16, or more hours to transition back, since he didn't fail every single class he took over the four semesters (maybe three, since there was a delay coming in that first year) he's been enrolled at TCU.
mellow.gif

asleep003

We want him back if he will go to class and make at least minimal grades. Otherwise he's a wasted scholarship. If he does what he needs to do off the field, he potentially could be a great back in 2013-2014.

That would be 2012-2014... he had 4 years of eligibility. However, if he were to/able to come back, I'm afraid I't's one year and the grades would always be there and that's it. I've been in heavy support of Dwight all along. We still have a player just slightly smaller with the exact same skills and speed. James had 10.2 ypc and 10.3 ypc his Jr/Sr yrs.in HS 4-A ... while Smith had 10.8 ypc his Sr HS year in 3-A. Think it's time to move on with one of the best 4 deep RB talent in the country. If he does well this year in Jr college(FB and Grades) and wants to come back here... sure he'll be considered.

Cheers!

rosebowlfrog

Liked the guy as a person, but face it guys, he's never going to make it at TCU.

He just didn't care.

He was on the scout team this past season, and when he wanted to care, he showed signs of potential, but that was uncommon. Most of the time he was just going through the motions and looking for reasons to sit plays out.

He didn't care enough in the classroom, and didn't even get to go with us to Los Angeles due to grades.

He didn't care about his health as his drug and tobacco use was always rampant and didn't even try to hide the fact.

He was always the guy bending over gasping for air and bringing up the back of the pack during conditioning drills in the offseason.

No motivation for this guy at all. Our program is built by guys on a mission with a walk-on go getter attitude, not a sense of entitlement I already have it made attitude. He would be perfect at a place like Texas. A sense of entitlement isn't needed at TCU.

I wish him luck, because again, I liked him as a person, but he isn't a good fit for our program. Time to move on.

SuperToad

Liked the guy as a person, but face it guys, he's never going to make it at TCU.

He just didn't care.

He was on the scout team this past season, and when he wanted to care, he showed signs of potential, but that was uncommon. Most of the time he was just going through the motions and looking for reasons to sit plays out.

He didn't care enough in the classroom, and didn't even get to go with us to Los Angeles due to grades.

He didn't care about his health as his drug and tobacco use was always rampant and didn't even try to hide the fact.

He was always the guy bending over gasping for air and bringing up the back of the pack during conditioning drills in the offseason.

No motivation for this guy at all. Our program is built by guys on a mission with a walk-on go getter attitude, not a sense of entitlement I already have it made attitude. He would be perfect at a place like Texas. A sense of entitlement isn't needed at TCU.

I wish him luck, because again, I liked him as a person, but he isn't a good fit for our program. Time to move on.

Very well put together insight. If all that is true, then your right. TCU is far better off without him.

UnderToad

And Dwight's new coach says . . .

Corsicana — Perhaps the two best qualities of an outstanding junior college football coach are patience and persistence.

Nick Bobeck's perseverance paid off last December with a national championship.

It's paying off again this summer.

Patience came in the form of running back Dwight Smith, a 2009 Navarro signee who eventually landed at TCU. Although he was impressive at times in spring practices, a knee injury and a five-deep talented Horn Frog backfield kept his playing opportunities at a minimum.

"Dwight is still a special running back," said Bobeck, who indicated Smith will play one semester at Navarro and head back to TCU in the spring. "To be 5-10 and 220 pounds and run like that is rare. He has the ability to go through you or get sideways on you. He's an exceptional talent."

http://corsicanadail...Summer-signings

illini_frog

He just didn't care.

Saw the same thing from him in the classroom. Thanks for the post.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Its a win win, coaches over 1 slot for August and Smith down the depth chart. He used his RS year so he gets some PT and gets back to TCU in better shape.

Kids a battler.

We have tons of battlers. I think d smith is still just an enigma. If he gets back this next semester with a chip on his shoulder then it will be fair to call him a battler indeed. I hope you are right.

illini_frog

I'd like to point out that when I criticized Dwight for being an [Craig James] in the classroom, I was nearly run off the board. Rose Bowl Frog criticized his work ethic as a football player, and everyone is super open and accepting to his post (as they should be).

It's possible to make posts that aren't "uplifting" about every single aspect of our student athletes and have it still be a good post.

(steps off soapbox)

asleep003

Dwight's best deal is, if he does make those grades this fall; is to stay there in the Spring and take those JC jock classes, so he can at least be eligable for the Fall of 2012..... where ever he goes. With 2 Springs under his belt here, he could come back... but, since he is one and done, most likely, he needs to go where he can get that immediate playing time. He'd have to wait til his Jr year and could he really pass 3 semesters at TCU.?. So hello Baylor... hello University of North Texas... hello Texas State...or anywhere else, for 1 year.

Cheers!

froginaustin

I'd like to point out that when I criticized Dwight for being an [Craig James] in the classroom, I was nearly run off the board. Rose Bowl Frog criticized his work ethic as a football player, and everyone is super open and accepting to his post (as they should be).

It's possible to make posts that aren't "uplifting" about every single aspect of our student athletes and have it still be a good post.

(steps off soapbox)

May "Rose Bowl Frog" has more cred than you do, because he doesn't come across as a whiney princess.

Fair? Maybe not. "Fair" sometimes doesn't count for much.

weklfrog

Dwight's best deal is, if he does make those grades this fall; is to stay there in the Spring and take those JC jock classes, so he can at least be eligable for the Fall of 2012..... where ever he goes. With 2 Springs under his belt here, he could come back... but, since he is one and done, most likely, he needs to go where he can get that immediate playing time. He'd have to wait til his Jr year and could he really pass 3 semesters at TCU.?. So hello Baylor... hello University of North Texas... hello Texas State...or anywhere else, for 1 year.

Cheers!
They are drooling over on the Baylor Board about Smith now being a free agent and fantasizing about him going to Baylor after JC.