• The KillerFrogs

Dwight Smith says...

ShreveFrog

to KTBS 3 Sports in Shreveport ... "I was fifth on the depth chart and did not want to waste another year." Says he's enrolled at Navarro and plans to return to TCU in January.

Reading between the lines, sounds like he needs to get the grades up. I hope he succeeds.

FrogAbroad

Yes, he says he's playing football at Navarro.

He's had no PT for, what, three seasons? That would be hard to take for a talent like he is.

A season at Navarro...then "no waiting" to get back into D-1, right? I hope it's TCU, but if not I wish DS only the very best werever he lands. He has the kind of perseverance needed to keep on keepin' on.

tcumaniac

Wouldn't surprise me if he left simply because of grades. Best of luck to him!!! Fingers are crossed that he comes back someday!!!

AUFrog

TCU needs to start acting like it's a big time college football program and get someone to do his homework...geesh!
Yes, because this is exactly what big-time college football programs do... And here I thought TCU football enjoyed a very high graduation rate compared to other big-time programs.

DannyAdelante

I'm really glad there's a glimmer of hope there. I hope we get to see him do his thing at TCU one day.

That being said, although they're both great backs, neither Ed Wesley or Matthew Tucker are first/second round talents, and will more than likely be back for their senior seasons in 2012. So the depth chart will likely remain the same.

TronCarter

Yes, because this is exactly what big-time college football programs do... And here I thought TCU football enjoyed a very high graduation rate compared to other big-time programs.

Facetiousness appears to be lost on you.
Good luck, young myth. Come back to us.

PurpleBlood87

He's had no PT for, what, three seasons? That would be hard to take for a talent like he is.

A season at Navarro...then "no waiting" to get back into D-1, right? I hope it's TCU, but if not I wish DS only the very best werever he lands. He has the kind of perseverance needed to keep on keepin' on.

What didn't he just red shirt last season?