• The KillerFrogs

Duvernay update......

SnoSki

pastorfrog said:
Donnie shut the (What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together) up

tumblr_n1kn4xlNAW1rel6kpo1_500.gif

TexanFrog_

Hard decision - He'd start day 1 at Texas and would stay that way for however long he wants but would be in an offense with an unproven Offensive Coordinator and Quarterback.  

At TCU, he'd be a part of a proven offensive scheme but wouldn't get the same amount of reps. Gut says he goes to Texas at the end of the day.

Pharm Frog

TexanFrog_ said:
Hard decision - He'd start day 1 at Texas and would stay that way for however long he wants but would be in an offense with an unproven Offensive Coordinator and Quarterback.  

At TCU, he'd be a part of a proven offensive scheme but wouldn't get the same amount of reps. Gut says he goes to Texas at the end of the day.
Not sure how important starting is for WRs in some of these offenses like ours. I would think targeted opportunities would be what they should be looking for

SnoSki

TexanFrog_ said:

Not sure how many starts Jarrison Stewart got last year but he had plenty of catches and some big time TDs.

TexanFrog_

Of course I'm biased that I think he should go to TCU. But I've seen a lot of 4/5 star athletes go to Texas and it hasn't worked. I think TCU is the right choice but wouldn't be shocked if he gets caught up in the whole 'Texas is the future' movement that they've pitched for what seems like the past 7 years

SnoSki

TexanFrog_ said:
Of course I'm biased that I think he should go to TCU. But I've seen a lot of 4/5 star athletes go to Texas and it hasn't worked. I think TCU is the right choice but wouldn't be shocked if he gets caught up in the whole 'Texas is the future' movement that they've pitched for what seems like the past 7 years
J Gray, Daje and Swoopes were all told that their talent and their talent alone was the missing piece that would bring UT a title again. Yet even reaching bowl games has been far from guaranteed for Texas.

EdKamen

I may not have lived in Texas since 1986 -- after eight years -- but do these kids really get the same feeling of awe they did when Royal was at UT?

I think -- even a tiny, tiny bit -- that a lot of Killer Frogs posters' fears (concerns) are based on a UT that does not exist any more. Certainly not since Mack left.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't live in Texas.

I'm not a 17- or 18-year-old Texas high school football phenom having to make these decisions.

One thing is for sure -- outside of the Great State of Texas -- UT ain't that big a deal. And I've lived in the East, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and, obviously, the West.

TCU gets a stronger and more positive reaction from the everydayperson out this way. I've seen 10 times more TCU T-shirts in California than Texas ones.

Consider that.

McFroggin

EdKamen said:
I may not have lived in Texas since 1986 -- after eight years -- but do these kids really get the same feeling of awe they did when Royal was at UT?

I think -- even a tiny, tiny bit -- that a lot of Killer Frogs posters' fears (concerns) are based on a UT that does not exist any more. Certainly not since Mack left.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't live in Texas.

I'm not a 17- or 18-year-old Texas high school football phenom having to make these decisions.

One thing is for sure -- outside of the Great State of Texas -- UT ain't that big a deal. And I've lived in the East, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and, obviously, the West.

TCU gets a stronger and more positive reaction from the everydayperson out this way. I've seen 10 times more TCU T-shirts in California than Texas ones.

Consider that.
I'll kindly disagree. Most states do not have a cheap public school of UT quality. Granted these kids are on scholarship, but the public doesn't generally think that through.